Thread: Sprinlike Sunday morning thread...

Sprinlike Sunday morning thread...

Yesterday was amazing - 62 degrees and sunny, once the fog lifted. Me and the Mrs. went to a fancy bagel shop for breakfast yesterday - she got a gift card so - "why not". Two bagels and two coffees - $15. the place was full of Yuppies - every stereotype imaginable. Not a great experience. The Mrs. left 3/4 of her bagle and her undrnkable coffee in the gabage on the way out the door.

Was going to be lazy - but got busy and did errands all day long - felt good. Filled the recycle bin with Amazon cardboard and fixed some shelves in the garage. Rearranged my fishing gear, too. Decided at the last minute to put my two sets of snow tires for cars we no longer owned on the Bloomfield Free Facebook page - I had a guy show up within the hour and took them off my hands. I have my shed back!!!!! Have a great Sunday - enjoy teh game (if you are watching). Vegas bookies are taking bets on how much air-time Taylor will have...
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: Sprinlike Sunday morning thread...

Rode my bicycle 20 miles yesterday! Big fun. Cracked off 140 miles so far this year.
    Gave a 3 hour guitar lesson to a friend of mine, now heading out for breakfast.
    Nick, are you say that normally, 1 coffee and 1 bagel costs $15.00! Yikes!
    Going to walk 3 miles after breakfast.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

There are only three or four of you who start the Sunday Threads. Why not coordinate? A takes the first Sunday of the month, B takes the second, etc...
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

We've had several gray and rainy days. Same today. Inside chores.

A/b-d the 83 Ibanez Artist and the Les Paul. The Les Paul with the neck pup is superior in its thickness of and melodic abilities. The Ibanez performed just as well in the bridge pickup, though. I actually prefer the neck on the Ibanez to the Gibson neck, which is a full D. Both guitars, though, are nice to have, each with a slightly different purpose.

Interviewed a 90+ year old man this week for an article having to do with Kiwanis Club. I asked, "Why did you join Kiwanis?" I expected the answer a lot of people give--to give back to the community, to help children, etcetera. Not this guy: it was because his boss belonged to Kiwanis, and my interviewee wanted to score brownie points. However, the man wound up doing good things for the community.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Got my car back from the service garage yesterday, good as new. Also had the alloys repainted in a slightly darker color, looks real good now.

This morning I decided to take up gymming again, I feel terrible and need some exercise. I’ll use the carnival holiday to try and start a gym routine.

Came to have lunch at my old folks’ and see if they need anything.

Looking forward to taking a quick road trip on Wednesday to record with my former bandmates.

On the way home I’ll buy my usual six pack of Buds and order pizza.

Who else will be watching the Super Bowl tonight?

getting over the nasty back ache just in time for the next storm due Tuesday. Bro is probably going to head to his girlfriend's place in MA on Monday so he doesn't have to deal with driving to the airport from home on Tuesday day of the storm. Which will leave me alone to deal with the cleanup. Got gas for the snowblower.

I wanted to go out last night and a last minute rain storm kaboshed that idea. Nothing in the forecast for days up until i put my coat on and checked the weather just before I left. A mile from my house it began to pour and the visibility was horrible and all those damn bright headlights were blinding me something awful. I turned around and went back home.

Been waiting for bro to go away so I can play, it's been almost 2 weeks. Hoping he can get that flight on Wednesday.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Had a good week. Slayed more dragons than what came up. Worked about 4 hrs to get ahead of things on Sat. Tues is my 90 day mark and a carrot of a 15% increase was dangled in the offer letter. It noted 3 things. Those 3 things I have not only rebuilt, but also maximized with custom views depending on the audience. And it’s all self serve on Teams. Get a wild hair up your butt at 3am, you can see the latest data within seconds.

played a couple gigs on electric guitar this AM at church. Thinking I’m going to rejoin competitive shooting as I miss it. The 12 ga Ammo I desire to use is in stock at Bass Pro finally, so ordered what they had and heading out to pick up shortly (been using more powerful stuff than needed which slows my time).

When I get back, it’s some Puppy Bowl then the last of hand egg for a while with the Super Bowl. F1 will soon start.
    Mark

Geez, late to the table today.

My wife’s brother and girlfriend spent the night and we went out for dinner last night and breakfast this morning. It was enjoyable spending the evening watching old family movies and those old PBS dvd’s of doowop music. It was great to relive the days of truly great R&B singers…not the warbling crap that is presented by the recording “artists” of today.

Quote Originally Posted by Tele-Bob View Post
    Rode my bicycle 20 miles yesterday! Big fun. Cracked off 140 miles so far this year.
    Gave a 3 hour guitar lesson to a friend of mine, now heading out for breakfast.
    Nick, are you say that normally, 1 coffee and 1 bagel costs $15.00! Yikes!
    Going to walk 3 miles after breakfast.
    No= this was two bagels and two coffees for $15.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by blackonblack View Post
    Had a good week. Slayed more dragons than what came up. Worked about 4 hrs to get ahead of things on Sat. Tues is my 90 day mark and a carrot of a 15% increase was dangled in the offer letter. It noted 3 things. Those 3 things I have not only rebuilt, but also maximized with custom views depending on the audience. And it’s all self serve on Teams. Get a wild hair up your butt at 3am, you can see the latest data within seconds.

played a couple gigs on electric guitar this AM at church. Thinking I’m going to rejoin competitive shooting as I miss it. The 12 ga Ammo I desire to use is in stock at Bass Pro finally, so ordered what they had and heading out to pick up shortly (been using more powerful stuff than needed which slows my time).

When I get back, it’s some Puppy Bowl then the last of hand egg for a while with the Super Bowl. F1 will soon start.
    What kind of shotgun do you have and what disciplines do you like to shoot with it? Trap, skeet?

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

For this particular one, I shoot Cowboy Action Shooting. It’s a modified and slicked up CZ Sharptail SxS in 12 with 20in bbls.
    Mark

Pretty much chilled for the weekend. Had to play a show Friday night, band was a throw-together deal with some old friends at a smaller club. Very good time. We were making up the set list as we went along so it was tons of fun. I even stepped up to the mic for some Elvin Bishop instead of just doing harmonies.

Hadn't played the place in a looong time so it was fun to be there again. Took me back to my roots. Ran into some old bandmates in the audience from back in the day too so that was really nice. What with all the stuff going on with the missus the local musicians have rallied around us and it's really apprecaited.

About all I accomplished around the Offshorarossa was to go out and trim two low branches that have been sticking out of the woods and knocking my hat off when I walk the dog. He feels the need to do a couple of perimeter checks every day. Grabbed the trailer registration out of the bass boat and I'll get that renewed today. Weather is really messed up, lakes are all open and it was in the 60's this weekend. Usually we count on the coldest weather of the year right around the Superbowl, but this year the grass is growing now. Last year I think I had to clear the driveway once, this year I haven't even started the snow removing equipment.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim