Thread: Dust in a Baggie

Dust in a Baggie

Whenever I get that stale feeling to my playing I reach into a jar I keep in my studio with songs I want learn and grab one at random. You know, just cool earwig things you come across and put on your study list. Last week I grabbed Dust in a Baggie from the jar. Been a few years since I worked on my flatpickin’.

Sumbitch that guitar break is freakin hard at full speed! And no lead in lick on the break. It just starts five strings down chromatically. No real heavy drones to give you a break until the triads start. After a week I can get it right at about 3/4 speed most of the time lol.

That man can play. I’m impressed.

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Re: Dust in a Baggie

I like the idea of the song jar! I just finished a gig I played Tuesday that I'd worked on solidly for the week before, and felt I needed to do some other songs. I have a book I've kept since college that I transpose my favorites into, but I still have to check the table of contents (yes, I went that OCD on it!) to find one that suits. Picking one out of a jar removes the potential to second guess myself. I'm going to give that a try!

"Dust in a Baggie?"
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: Dust in a Baggie

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post

"Dust in a Baggie?"
    \

Go to 2:20 and hold the eff on! You can see why I had in my jar.

Billy Strings - Dust In A Baggie | OurVinyl Sessions (youtube.com)

My issue is that when I hit the IV I keep morphing it to Yakkety Axe.
    Last edited by Offshore Angler; 02-01-2024 at 03:33 PM.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim