Thread: Johnny Marr and offsets

Johnny Marr and offsets

So many indie bands play Fender offsets, a lot of times strumming them and sing-songing along. It's easy to discount them and unfair too.

While Cobain has a lot to do with making them popular, we have to remember players like Johnny Marr. I love The Smiths but admit that when they were in their heyday, I was listening mostly to jazz and classical and didn't know who they were.

Marr is influential to younger musicians. And he's precise, fluid. I haven't appreciated him enough, but I've heard younger guitarists who cite him and who are excellent players.

Thought you all might enjoy this:
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Johnny Marr and offsets

Thank you! I love Johnny Marr. I took this pic at Fete in Providence about 5 years ago. It was an awesome show!

Great photo, Don!
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Here is a link to a youtube video of JM doing one of my favorite tunes. It's a couple years old but JM still very much has IT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY8e...nel=JohnnyMarr
    Born in Fullerton, California in 1952

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMac View Post
    Here is a link to a youtube video of JM doing one of my favorite tunes. It's a couple years old but JM still very much has IT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY8e...nel=JohnnyMarr
    The same other guitarist was in the show that I took the pic at. He was using a Marshall half stack and Johnny Marr had a pile of Deluxe Reverbs like in the video.