Thread: Struggling to find time to play.

Struggling to find time to play.

My life is busier than when I had kids, and it's fine. I love being busy and on the move. But it sure is cutting into my guitar time. I try to squeeze in 15 minutes after dinner.

So I'm wondering, is there any way to add 4 more hours to the 24 we already have? Would Gibson or Fender have a 28 hour clock straight off the shelf? Or should the extra time come from a private clock luthier?
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Struggling to find time to play.

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    My life is busier than when I had kids, and it's fine. I love being busy and on the move. But it sure is cutting into my guitar time. I try to squeeze in 15 minutes after dinner.

So I'm wondering, is there any way to add 4 more hours to the 24 we already have? Would Gibson or Fender have a 28 hour clock straight off the shelf? Or should the extra time come from a private clock luthier?
    I think you have it backwards, Willie. You just need to lop off four hours of sleep time. Problem solved!

Congratulations on having a full, active life!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Willie, you're keeping the universe in balance. I struggle with having time where I don't have to play my guitar. Nothing like having to throw eight pounds over your shoulder and stand up for hours. But at least the fame and fortune makes it all worthwhile, lol!
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

If you're as busy as you say, you probably keep a schedule. Like all the important things on that calendar, you need to schedule regular time for guitar playing.
    I know this may sound ridiculously simple, but until you assign it the same importance as all the other stuff you do, you won't take it seriously.
    And if you can't schedule the time for it, well, maybe it really isn't that important, but you just haven't realized it yet.
    There is what we "think" and what we "do." Make a choice be off with it!
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Well, the suggestions are on point. I do have to schedule the time. I already do that for the weekend. It's in my list of must-dos. I love my lists. They keep me on track.

For now, I have so little time during the week that I'll have to just be happy with the 15 minutes that I do get. I come in from work, change clothes, take care of home things that are musts, make dinner and eat quickly, take my 15 minutes of guitar, then in bed--but sometimes I have to cover late events, and I come home, eat, and go straight to bed. I'd cut out a few hours of sleep, but I can't function without 8 solid hours: medical condition and necessary meds make that 8 hours a must. When i was young, I had no problem with 6 hours and up and gone.

It does mean that the time I do have for playing has become more valuable than ever.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison