Thread: The Sunday Thread for December 3, 2023

The Sunday Thread for December 3, 2023

Wow, seven o'clock and no one yet has posted a Sunday thread??? I'm sure by the time I'm done, someone will have beaten me to it (again). But here goes.

It's DECEMBER! I don't decorate much for the holidays, but I did my usual little stuff, so that much is done. The weather here has been attempting winter, but so far it's just become a bit more grey and chillier. It makes for great walks! I've been doubling my outdoor time lately, putting in about an hour a day, ranging into new neighborhoods and watching all the other homes being decorated.

Being Sunday, I'll do my usual: Coffee and breakfast, church, a nice, long walk (although its kind of rainy today...), maybe some football and reading. Listening to, and playing some music. Gee, it's tough being retired!

Have a good Sunday, everyone!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: The Sunday Thread for December 3, 2023

Spent yesterday out on the bass boat. A balmy 40°F and foggy, but a bass did make it into the boat and then back to the water.

My new survival suit shows as out-for-delivery so I should have that here soon. This time of year with water temps in the 30's a survival suit is like American Express: Don't leave home without it.

Played the 345 last gig, wow o wow I forgot what a formidable and versatile weapon they are. Plus I feel like Marty McFly, makes me want to show up to the show in a Delorean.

Search for a Korina V still continues. It will be mine.

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Oh yippee…it’s snowing again so when I get back home from breakfast I’ll be out there pushing a shovel because we won’t get enough to mandate the use of the snowblower. I guess it could be worse. The temperature is above zero and it isn’t a blizzard.

Hope all have a great week!

Can't lose with a good 335, Chuck. Have you looked at the Epiphone Vs? Unless only a Gibson will do, the Epiphone Vs are Korina and have gotten excellent reviews. But at $1200 a pop, you would probably want to wait for a Gibson.

Dog shelter duties, then house duties. Last week, I was off work Monday because the lass had shoulder surgery. But I still wound up working 40 hours. I admit that I'm exhausted. Don't let anyone ever fool you by saying that news reporting in a rural county is a laid back job. It's fun and rewarding, for sure. We're so busy that each day seems to last a minute. As much as I enjoy it, I'd love to have a day of just sitting outside, reading, and playing guitar.

In the evenings, I watch about 30 minutes of TV while I eat. Went back to watch the first season of Fargo. Excellent show. I've loved all four of the completed seasons. The new one is interesting, but my judgement's out on it. A bit of a flashback to 1400s Wales has me questioning the storytellers on this one.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

We spent a while looking at my father's new apartment in an assisted living facility. Nice place! Then I spent the next hour or so trying to convince my little brother that it's the best thing for our father at this time. After that, I checked the stored and pending codes on his 2005 Ford Escape with a 3.0 V6. He's got a bunch of them, mostly coil on plug related. There's a TSB for that and it could get pricey. It also needs tires, front end work, and exhaust. I'm not even sure that he should still be driving. He's always kept these things up to date. The fact that he hasn't indicates why he needs to be in an assisted living facility.

Being lazy today. Had a busy week and another waiting in the wings. Will make a trip to Price Chopers and Lowes, then maybe test drive my new surround speakers a bit more. The originals were cheap JBLs that did the job for 15 years, but one had a buzz and it was time. Found some nice Polk Audio speakes that sound really nice. The Mrs. hates them since they're twice as big as the last ones, but they are much better sounding.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

spent an ungodly amount of time trying to update my iPhone. same damn issues every effing time, not enough memory. apparently every apple boi and grl are ALL trying to update their phones today. After an interminable amount of suspense (hello, even a spinning beach ball would be preferably to nothing at all) 10-15 minutes after clicking "update" a popup alerts me that "unable to reach update servers at this time, check your connections, sacrifice another goat or three blah blah blah"

I was >< this close to buying a new phone, I'm so sick of having to play app shuffle every time I need to update something. I don't even have that many. 13 GB of 16GB are used by the phone itself. 3GB doesn't last every long when every tom dick and harry developer bloats their apps to 300-400 MB. Yeah yeah, first world problems, cry me a river, I know

no decorating here yet. see a doctor on the 14, hopefully get cleared for full range of motion. There won't be any ladder work, I'll tell you that right now but I might at least get the window lights up.

Got new toy(s), a pedal and a new used amp. Waiting for brother to vacate the house so I can make noise unrestricted.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    spent an ungodly amount of time trying to update my iPhone. same damn issues every effing time, not enough memory. apparently every apple boi and grl are ALL trying to update their phones today. After an interminable amount of suspense (hello, even a spinning beach ball would be preferably to nothing at all) 10-15 minutes after clicking "update" a popup alerts me that "unable to reach update servers at this time, check your connections, sacrifice another goat or three blah blah blah"

I was >< this close to buying a new phone, I'm so sick of having to play app shuffle every time I need to update something. I don't even have that many. 13 GB of 16GB are used by the phone itself. 3GB doesn't last every long when every tom dick and harry developer bloats their apps to 300-400 MB. Yeah yeah, first world problems, cry me a river, I know.
    I hate Apple products. But that didn't stop me from making a pile of money from them in the stock market. muah ha ha
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Busy day today working on song #5 for the 8 song album I'm writing and recording. Big fun.

Took a few old guitars out today and played them through this sweet little Princeton I bought from an upstanding member here! LOL.

Thinking about going to get some vittles now.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

I got to spend some quality time with my '66 Vibrolux Reverb today. What a sound! I don't play this amp enough! It's not that heavy, but once you've got a bad back, they're all heavy. I need someone with a healthy back to carry it for me.

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

I saw the thread but never got to posting. This new job has me working quite a bit. 7 gigs between last Thursday and Sunday. Thankfully they were all on bass (so minimal prep time). Taking this week off from gigs so I can spend some time with the wife and my BDay. Santa is all done shopping, but needs to get things wrapped. Was hoping to do that this past weekend, but alas.
    Mark