Thread: Sunday morning - me first!!!!

Sunday morning - me first!!!!

Good Sunday morning!!! Preparing for our annual convention - it starts Thursday with our Delegate Assembly and ends Saturday afternoon. Non-stop action for two and a half days. It's exhausting, but I love every second of it. In the 40 years I've been attending - first as a member, and for the last 30 years as staff, I've only missed one (and that was because I had a free trip to Hawaii). I'm doing one workshop on goal setting - should be fun!

Today I'll getting ready - starting to pack and then rest. It will be crazy at work preparing for it - we have to pack convention packets in a stuffing party tomorrow morning. Then I have to write an article for a national publication. When I was asked a while ago it was , "Sure. Happy to do it". Then I get an email this past week - deadline is December 1st!!! Well, I work best under pressure! Have a great week everyone!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: Sunday morning - me first!!!!

Just lounging around this AM. Need to build a couple new patches for some songs and then maybe go hit the lake if it gets above freezing.

Band is doing a killer version of Long Cool Woman lately. Then onto Renegade by Styxx.

We have way too much fun onstage.

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

It's a long travel day for me. After visiting four archaeological sites in Cusco, Perú yesterday, I flew to Lima. A late-night (1:30am) flight from Lima landed me in Miami, where I'm typing this. In ninety minutes or so, I'll catch a flight to Dallas (why in God's name I got booked this way I'll never know), where after a nearly seven hour layover, I'll hop my last leg home, arriving some 24+ hours after my departure from Perú. Oddly enough, I managed to catch some light sleep on the Miami-bound flight, which is a rarity for me. I still think I'll be exhausted by the time I finally open the door to my home. As much fun as I had it's always good to be home!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    It's a long travel day for me. After visiting four archaeological sites in Cusco, Perú yesterday, I flew to Lima. A late-night (1:30am) flight from Lima landed me in Miami, where I'm typing this. In ninety minutes or so, I'll catch a flight to Dallas (why in God's name I got booked this way I'll never know), where after a nearly seven hour layover, I'll hop my last leg home, arriving some 24+ hours after my departure from Perú. Oddly enough, I managed to catch some light sleep on the Miami-bound flight, which is a rarity for me. I still think I'll be exhausted by the time I finally open the door to my home. As much fun as I had it's always good to be home!
    Sleeping on a plane is my specialty. Unfortunately, I used to be the pilot so it caused friction with my back seaters.

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

I don't recall posting last Sunday. So 2 weeks of updates.

Well my SUV started acting up (almost stranded me on the way to a gig). So did a temp fix on it (electrical issue) and traded it for a 2019 F150 4WD Crew cab that had caught my eye.

Was still looking for a FT job, though working on a number of gigs. A week ago yesterday, I applied for a role.

Well the head of HR called me last Wed and said the CFO was interested in meeting me ASAP. I opted for Thursday AM as Thurs PM I was going to see Peter Frampton. Interview went well.

As I was waiting for the doors to open, I went a grabbed a beverage. Noticed I had a missed call and vm. This is 6:30 PM. It's the CFO saying he wanted to clarify some things and to call back and that he could take calls to 10PM. I promptly called him back. He wanted to know how soon I could start. So I have a FT job starting tomorrow, at a pay rate higher than my last one; and if I can accomplish a couple things in the 1st 90 days, immediate 15% increase in pay.

Only issue, it's a 100% on-site role. That makes it tight for one of my monthly gigs. I am certain I can work through that, but it's this Thursday. I am bordering on cancelling my availability on that. I am certain they don;t want me showing up in business casual attire. While I have already let the CFO know I need a flexible schedule on some days (and he's OK with that), I don't want to have that in place week one.

PS: Frampton was great! Not in my top 10 guitarists, but a previous concert of his was my fav. He did not disappoint this time. He walked out using a cane, and sat the entire show. Still trying to figure out why he's not in my top 10. Most interactive and personal guitarist I have ever seen, and his chops don't suck. And believe me, he still has chops.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    Sleeping on a plane is my specialty. Unfortunately, I used to be the pilot so it caused friction with my back seaters.

Chuck
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    Band is doing a killer version of Long Cool Woman lately.

Chuck
    that is a cool song, I never hear anybody cover it

I helped my son install a new transmission in his Chevy van yesterday. I'm sore all over and doubt that I'll do much today. Maybe pick up some leaves.

picking up leaves is not on my radar at the moment, still walking mostly with a cane. Doing more around the house without one but still challenged by stairs. Being a ranch, I don't have to deal with them daily, yet. If and I should say when I get my music room down cellar going, that's a different story. I can empathize with having to walk with a cane like Peter.

Having fun with the wireless, getting into playing last night but something was going on. The sound kept getting quieter. At first I thought it was my amp, stlll sort of new to me. Turning it up didn't work. Unplugged the wireless and put in a cable. Almost got pinned to the wall behind me. Ah, so they needed charging, eh? If I were to gig with wireless, I'd spend the money and get something like the NUX with the built-in charging in case. Keep them topped off until the show. Not that it's an immediate concern of mine, LOL Speaking of old tunes, I'm going to tackle "I'll be around" by the Spinners. Love that song.

dodged a bullet last week. SUV making a funny noise. I prayed that it was something simple like a loose heat shield and it turns out I was right. 30 bucks to fix it. Whew.

See a palliative provider this week to get my renewal paperwork for my cannabis card, since my GP isn't signing it. Most of the money I got from selling my MJT Tele body this week will cover that. It will be done for hopefully 3 years this time and fingers crossed they finally allow home grow before that card expires. Then one last trip of the year (and hopefully not another until next spring) up to Lebanon.

We have pretty stiff winds out of the south today so it will be a lost cause to attept to pick up the maple leaves that are now covering my lawn...maybe Wednesday or so we'll get 'er done.

My wife and I drove in to Chicago and home again (after her visit to her hair dresser) in about five hours. That, right there, is a miracle. With I 94 under construction in Chicago it looks like a parking lot as everything crawls along at a walking pace. I couldn't believe the lack of traffic as we drove in on the southbound side and how that side was grid-locked when we left.

I'll soon start rehearsing the material that I'll play for a two week benefit in spring that is always fun to do but very time consuming.

Hope all have a great week!

Dog shelter duties over. One talented dog was able on his bed to recreate a Jackson Pollock painting. A true artist in the kennel.

Chores galore. Then rest. I’ve been working six days a week. It’s enjoyable. I covered our Veterans Day service and parade yesterday. Then a coat drive, and finally, I went to a few coffee places to find out trends in what people in our town are drinking. Basically pour a shot of espresso over a snickers bar and that’s that.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

CH Willie reminded me we had to deal with our dog getting Kennel Cough. Poor thing is 9 years old and has never been sick a day in her life. The shot the vet gave her really helped her out!

Here she is in her favorite spot - sure looks fierce, doesn't she!!!

"We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

She looks like the cutest baby in the world. Glad she feels better.

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    CH Willie reminded me we had to deal with our dog getting Kennel Cough. Poor thing is 9 years old and has never been sick a day in her life. The shot the vet gave her really helped her out!

If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post

The one on the right is sure a little cutie.

Had a very productive weekend putting the finishing touches on a new song I'm recording in a couple weeks. The song sounded cool in E, but changing it to D made the vocal feel better. Changing the guitar tuning to Drop D made it even better. Then changing it to DADGAD made it sound amazing! The entire complexion of the song changed and totally came to life! Can't wait to record it.

Feeling all energetic and happy, I took the work shop next. Major over haul of a space that was not mine, but now is. Some new power tools on the now accessible shelves, and countless bags and boxes of junk tossed into the trash, have made the space much more workable. Not sure what I'm going to do in there, but the mad scientist in me is always thinking up something crazy!

Exhausted today. Watched MotoGP from Malaysia and just relaxing now. Recording tomorrow morning. Big Fun!
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.