Thread: Starting to get excited

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Starting to get excited

About tomorrow. Seeing Peter Frampton.

Now let me say: Peter Frampton is not my fav guitarist. He's probably not even in my top 10. His songs probably don't make my top 100. But having seen him on his Fingerprint tour, I will say without a doubt, 100% most enjoyable concert.
    I missed him on later tours, and then I saw he wasn't going to tour again.

Then all of a sudden, here's the "Never say Never" tour. I grabbed a ticket.

Why was this the most enjoyable concert? You probably have to experience it. Never have I encountered a musician who is that humble and engaging. It radiates just how much he likes playing music for people. With those same 10 days when I saw him last, I also saw Buddy Guy, Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck. Peter blew them all away from the enjoyment aspect. A couple weeks later saw Robin Trower. Most boring and unengaging concert ever.
    Mark

Re: Starting to get excited

Quote Originally Posted by blackonblack View Post
    About tomorrow. Seeing Peter Frampton.

Now let me say: Peter Frampton is not my fav guitarist. He's probably not even in my top 10. His songs probably don't make my top 100. But having seen him on his Fingerprint tour, I will say without a doubt, 100% most enjoyable concert.
    I missed him on later tours, and then I saw he wasn't going to tour again.

Then all of a sudden, here's the "Never say Never" tour. I grabbed a ticket.

Why was this the most enjoyable concert? You probably have to experience it. Never have I encountered a musician who is that humble and engaging. It radiates just how much he likes playing music for people. With those same 10 days when I saw him last, I also saw Buddy Guy, Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck. Peter blew them all away from the enjoyment aspect. A couple weeks later saw Robin Trower. Most boring and unengaging concert ever.
    Peter is definitely a top 25 if not top 10 guitarist for me. I'd really like to see him again, the last time was 1976 at the Cape Cod Coliseum in the aftermath of a hurricane. I didn't know he was touring again since his last 'farewell' tour. Where are you seeing him?
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Re: Starting to get excited

He’s in Louisville tomorrow night.
    Mark