Thread: Cannabis Appreciation Society

Cannabis Appreciation Society

So, now that weed is legal pretty much everywhere, what's your fav strain?

Big Sour Diesel fan here.

We have a farmer's market now a couple miles up the street from me every Sunday where you can buy pretty much anything. Flowers, edibles, hash, gummies, seeds, plants, you name it. $10 to get in and you get your choice of a pre-roll or an edible included in the cover charge.

So weird to be there, just a few years ago we put people in prison for this. Finally, the state governments are actually doing something sane the people want.

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Forum Member

Re: Cannabis Appreciation Society

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    So, now that weed is legal pretty much everywhere, what's your fav strain?

Big Sour Diesel fan here.

We have a farmer's market now a couple miles up the street from me every Sunday where you can buy pretty much anything. Flowers, edibles, hash, gummies, seeds, plants, you name it. $10 to get in and you get your choice of a pre-roll or an edible included in the cover charge.

So weird to be there, just a few years ago we put people in prison for this. Finally, the state governments are actually doing something sane the people want.

Chuck
    I have never smoked weed.

In college whenever a musical hero of my friends and I’s died (George Jones, Waylon Jennings, etc…) we got plastered drunk.

However. We all agreed that when Willie Nelson finally goes to the giant jam in the sky the only appropriate way to celebrate is to light up. I’ve since moved away but luckily a friend smokes and has graciously agreed to chaperone me on my first time.
    Got them Statesboro Blues

It's still illegal on a federal level.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

I toked for decades but gave it up when I realized that I was allergic to it and that it had caused skin and intestinal problems for me for years. As soon as I quit, it was miraculous. I miss having a good ole toke, but I appreciate the clear headedness--because I was a heavy smoker. I was psychologically addicted. It's good, like alcohol, in moderation. Not, if not.

However, when if I know my days are numbered, I'll take an evening to get smoked up and listen to my favorite albums. Then die.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Maybe it's the Zig Zag papers that you're allergic to......

"When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

I don't partake, but the Mrs. has had a medical card for few years and frankly, that stuff saved her life. She had a lifetime of trauma, ptsd and anxiety and it's all gone. She's also been alcohol-free for over three years. I do enjoy helping her grow her crop, however. She did a batch of Wedding Cake last season and is growing Ice Cream Cake right now. Last week we took the clones we were rooting and planted them. They are all growing like - well... weeds!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Back in the ‘70s when I did occasionally smoke, the buzz of choice was Thai stick. I don’t honestly know if that is even available any more.

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    It's still illegal on a federal level.
    Except that part of the Schedule 1 justification is that it has "no accepted medical use" and yet doctors prescribe it every day.

Only in America.

Thankfully, we are a federated republic and states still have rights.

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Quote Originally Posted by phantomman View Post
    Maybe it's the Zig Zag papers that you're allergic to......

Hmmmmm what if????
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    Hmmmmm what if????
    Time to hit the bong?

Time to hit the bong?
    I wish that had been it. But it's okay. I've probably toked enough for three or four lives. I had worried that my anxiety would go whacko, but the opposite happened, and all of that is under control now. Some people should just stay away from it. But for the rest of you, roll up for the mystery tour.

I quit smoking that stuff when I was 20. It just reached a point where I got waaaaaaaaay to high from it and would become paranoid.

In recent years I have tried indica and sativa types, preferring the indica, but still, the paranoia prevails. That's no fun.

I also find that the effect lingers for a few days and makes me lazy, unmotivated, and a little bit dumb. I don't need any more help with that at this age!
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Long story short, smoked weed '70s, '80s. Quit for 20 years due to work and home. 2008, diagnosed glaucoma, started smoking weed again. Top shelf stuff, the Jacks, Diesels, Kushs, various fruit names. Used cigarettes to cover smell until I quit in 2012. Had to quit weed smoking to maintain abstinence from the butts.

In the mean time, surgery failed to remedy the intra ocular pressure and I lost my eye 3 years after the state had legalized medicinal weed but the dispensaries weren't open yet. Got my card in 2016 and used edibles, tinctures to great success on the remaining eye. Able to discard the most obnoxious of the pharmaceutical that made me miserable without being effective.

After having my card for nearly 4 years, New Years Eve 2019-20, my last at my home of 55 years, I smoked a joint of Colombian Gold from the dispensary. My mom had gone into a facility the middle of December 2019. It was my first NYE in 20 years without any parental prohibition against partaking at home. While I got high as balls, it was relaxed, peaceful, serene, just incredibly comfortable. And I did not have any desire for a cigarette afterwards to ruin my buzz.

The dispensaries are a godsend with their variety. My preference is to buy grams, 7 different kinds at a time if I can. A gram can last me 10-45 days. I tend to smoke more outside in cold weather than warm weather. I can smoke 2 grams all summer, and then 3 grams a month once it gets it get cold enough to suppress the bugs. Annoyingly, after Covid, many dispensaries have made eighths the minimum weight sold. This makes me buy pre-rolls to try a strain before I commit to an eighth. I prefer to divvy pre-rolls with a cigar cutter, cut about 2/3 off for use later. I get 7-28 days out of a pre-roll

The edibles are where it's at. 5 mg gummy every night unless I've had a 10 mg chocolate earlier. I go low and slow on those. I can't wait for legal home grow. I may have to leave NH and move to MA with my brother and his girlfriend if our legislature doesn't get their act together.

GJ - the idea of a farmer's market of weed is amazing, I'd love to see that. Is that where you can buy clones?
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    Back in the ‘70s when I did occasionally smoke, the buzz of choice was Thai stick. I don’t honestly know if that is even available any more.
    There is some landrace Thai still available but I don't think anybody goes through the trouble of tying it on sticks anymore. Thai has been bred into a mind-boggling number of strains. Northern Lights is arguably one of the world's best known strains and for good reasons. Thai and Afghani cross breed.

I've seen real Thai stick exactly one time. It didn't look real, completely iridescent green and gold. Unfortunately didn't get to smoke it.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post

GJ - the idea of a farmer's market of weed is amazing, I'd love to see that. Is that where you can buy clones?
    They have clones there, but I prefer to start from seeds and see what happens. You never really know how a hybridized seed is going to flower so that makes it fun.

I grow mostly sativa photoperiod so they get pretty darned tall!

They have clones there, but I prefer to start from seeds and see what happens. You never really know how a hybridized seed is going to flower so that makes it fun.

I grow mostly sativa photoperiod so they get pretty darned tall!
    I want to grow one crop outdoors and another crop indoors during the winter. Probably a summer sativa and winter indica crops.

Where do you source seeds? I haven't seen one since I stopped buying black market weed.

We have two tents set up in the basement (grow lights, fans ducted to outside). that gives us one veg tent and one flowering tent. We are going to start flowering the two original clones (they're much larger than the others) and four of the clones. We'll then add 4 more to the flowering tent every two weeks until they are all harvested. Mrs. Junkie managed to get a whole year's worth out of her harvest last year...
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

got home a little while ago with my paperwork for my cannabis patient recertification. The doctor I saw is a member of the therapeutic cannabis board. She added chronic pain to my symptom profile and told me that there is a movement afoot to decertify glaucoma as a qualifying condition. I was kind of stunned to hear that, especially since my eyesight is very much at risk from it and the cannabis definitely keeps my IOP under control.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    got home a little while ago with my paperwork for my cannabis patient recertification. The doctor I saw is a member of the therapeutic cannabis board. She added chronic pain to my symptom profile and told me that there is a movement afoot to decertify glaucoma as a qualifying condition. I was kind of stunned to hear that, especially since my eyesight is very much at risk from it and the cannabis definitely keeps my IOP under control.
    There are cheaper, more effective medicines for open-angle glaucoma. I've been on Cosopt for decades. I probably spend $30/year on glaucoma meds.

There are cheaper, more effective medicines for open-angle glaucoma. I've been on Cosopt for decades. I probably spend $30/year on glaucoma meds.
    I've been on that and two other drops since 2008 and they can't do the job by themselves. I was on a fourth med, a vile obnoxious substance called methazolamide. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Talk about the cure being worse than the disease. Fatigue like you can't believe, neuropathy in hands and feet causing burning and tingling, constant raging thirst and peeing like a race horse all the time. It got so bad that I agreed to the goddam surgery that cost me my eye because the doc wouldn't prescribe medicinal cannabis. My eye blew up 90 minutes after the surgery and suddenly the doc changed his mind and signed my certification paperwork.