Thread: It's 8:30 And Still No Sunday Thread for August 27?

It's 8:30 And Still No Sunday Thread for August 27?

I was intentionally holding off on starting a Sunday thread, having collided with Laker the last couple of weeks, but I can't hold off any longer. It's SUNDAY!

As has been the case recently, I have no specific plans other than church, some baseball on TV and some serious practicing for Tuesday's upcoming open mic night. That's it.

A safe and happy Sunday wish to all!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: It's 8:30 And Still No Sunday Thread for August 27?

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    I was intentionally holding off on starting a Sunday thread, having collided with Laker the last couple of weeks, but I can't hold off any longer. It's SUNDAY!

As has been the case recently, I have no specific plans other than church, some baseball on TV and some serious practicing for Tuesday's upcoming open mic night. That's it.

A safe and happy Sunday wish to all!
    I too thought I’d hold off on starting today’s Sunday thread. I’ve been up and about since 5:50 this morning and if there was no Sunday thread by 8:00 I thought I’d jump in.

It’s a beautiful sunny 56° morning here behind the Cheddar Curtain on the western shore of Lake Michigan and a welcome change from the mid 90° high humidity days we were experiencing for a bit. I guess my wife and I will don some sweatshirts and hit the road on the Harley for a pleasant breakfast with friends.

Our last stage of remodeling on our home will begin on Monday with removing wallpaper, installing granite countertop, and adding new sink, toilet and fixtures to the family room bath. The upstairs will have every door and closet door replaced with eight panel oak doors so looking forward to the completion.

Hope all have a great week.

cool cloudy fairly humid today, our weather is oscillating quite a bit. I need to get out and price snowblowers, I suspect this winter will be much snowier than we've had in a long while.

Setback in physical therapy happens, my right knee is flaring up like a cranky toddler with a toothache. I've scuttled my extra curricular walking for the time being. I had foregone going to a friend's birthday party last night, it was an hour's drive and the people I would most likely have gone with were overseas in Spain. I binge watched "Stranger Things" on my brother's Netflix. Still not comfortable sitting and playing guitar.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Played a couple gigs on bass. Now to work on a toilet than hopefully watch some F1.
    Mark

Putting the finishing touches on a set of chimes I'm making for a friend. Really cool project.

Packing some riding gear for 4 days of bicycle riding and I roll on through my 1000 mile summer. I'm up to 846 miles, and down 50 lbs.

Finally realizing it's time to sell the majority of my music gear. Aside from recording and the occasional gig, I'm losing interest and the arthritis is claiming my hands. It's OK though. It's been a good run and I'm proud of the things I've accomplished in music. No shame in my game!

Maybe I'll have a big music gear tag sale at the house and holster my 9 just in case the craigslist crew gets out of line, LOL!
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tele-Bob View Post
    Putting the finishing touches on a set of chimes I'm making for a friend. Really cool project.

Packing some riding gear for 4 days of bicycle riding and I roll on through my 1000 mile summer. I'm up to 846 miles, and down 50 lbs.

Finally realizing it's time to sell the majority of my music gear. Aside from recording and the occasional gig, I'm losing interest and the arthritis is claiming my hands. It's OK though. It's been a good run and I'm proud of the things I've accomplished in music. No shame in my game!

Maybe I'll have a big music gear tag sale at the house and holster my 9 just in case the craigslist crew gets out of line, LOL!
    Want to give us a preview of what you might be selling?
    Striving to be ordinary

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

I'm with you there, TB. I still keep my eye out for bargain-priced vintage pieces but my enthusiasm for spending big bucks is waning. I only lacked two or three models to complete my collection of blackface and silverface amps but I doubt I'll find them in the condition I require and at the cost that comfortably fits my budget.
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    Want to give us a preview of what you might be selling?
    Too much to list at the moment. I'll get to it.

I completely forgot it was Sunday yesterday... did the lawn - the whole process - weedwack, trim with small mower and main cut with bagger - looks beautiful!

today I am celebrating my 70th/71st birthday. I was raised being told I was born in 1953, but when I found my birth mother she told me I was actually born in 1952. I may buy myself a subwoofer today... don't need any more guitars!

Decided to look at a new car for the Mrs. She's driving a 2009 Subaru Forester and it's a bit long in the tooth. I figure I will be starting Social Security checks in September, but working for another three years so there is no better time to have a car payment than when I have two incomes coming in.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    I figure I will be starting Social Security checks in September, but working for another three years so there is no better time to have a car payment than when I have two incomes coming in.
    BTDT, GJ. I'm only slightly ahead of you (born in '51). SS told me that there was no use waiting to take distributions last year, in that I was not going to achieve any higher returns, so I've been taking in more money the past year. But I'm retiring two days before my 72nd in a couple of months, so I'm now beginning to ramp down my profligate spending. Well, buying stuff now while I still have money coming in, that is...
    Striving to be ordinary

I have also been contemplating selling much of my gear. My rheumatoid is progressing. But I sat down with my Eastman jazz box and decided that even if I can only play 10 minutes at a time, I’m going to keep on. I’m happy just to be able to play at all.

If it gets worse, it’ll be time. I am going to sell a bunch of pedals and my wonderful Ampeg stack. It’s the best bass amp I’ve ever had, but since I can’t gig or even participate in long jams, it doesn’t make sense to keep it.

I don’t post much anymore. I’m so busy and fight rheumatoid fatigue.

Not complaining. I’m a very lucky guy. I love life, and I love my friends and family. Everything else is icing on the cake.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Ch Willie, if you haven't done it yet, try giving up sugar.
    It has made a dramatic difference in my playing, and it happened quickly. Just a few weeks and my hands felt a lot better!

Ch Willie, if you haven't done it yet, try giving up sugar.
    It has made a dramatic difference in my playing, and it happened quickly. Just a few weeks and my hands felt a lot better!
    I don’t doubt it. Sweet tooth, I have, but I will try. Sugar is an inflammatory.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    I don’t doubt it. Sweet tooth, I have, but I will try. Sugar is an inflammatory.
    Not only that, but sugar and sugar substitutes have been linked to a number of health conditions. According to the Cleveland Clinic,
    current dietary guidelines recommend keeping added sugars to less than 10% of your daily caloric intake. So, if you consume 2,000 calories a day, no more than 200 of those calories should come from added sugar.

Those 200 calories equal 12 teaspoons (48 grams) of added sugar. To put that in perspective, a
    single can of soda may contain a full day’s worth of added sugar.
    Sugar is everywhere. Heinz Ketchup, for example, contains 17 grams of sugar in a single serving (one tablespoon). It's easy to see why the average American consumes some 60 POUNDS of sugar every year. (link to American Heart Association).

Striving to be ordinary

Pretty girls on the dance floor grooving to your playing helps too.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

When I went on my diet, my goal was 20 pounds to start. Cutting out a majority of sugar (no more soda or sugar in my coffee) got me that goal in a couple weeks. Since then I lost a total of 55 pounds and my blood sugar went from pre-diabetic to normal, and all my liver functions (which were concerning) are now normal. I am not exagerating that I feel 20 years younger! I used to drink a 2 liter bottle of Pepsi every day and that was the biggest contributer.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain