Hello all, desertbluesman here,

I am new on the forum. I am wondering what ideal BIAS setting is best for tube longevity and tone on the SCX2's. I just bought a used Super Champ X2 combo and I already had one in hand. My already owned one was in the shop getting a new input jack, so I puled the trigger on another one as a spare. The new acquisition had the stock tubes and stock speaker, Since I have already owned 2 combo SCX2's (one previously and regrettably sold 4 or 5 years ago) Anyways I always use an Eminence Lil Buddy Hemp cone speaker and JJ tubes once I acquire the amp. So I pulled the trigger on those and when I went to set the BIAS on the latest one it was at 52 MV The already owned on I set around 40 MA several years ago when I got that SCX2 as I thought I read that the SCX2 it had to be set there.

When I finally fired up the latest acquisition, It was actually manufactured 12 ago in 2002. It had the BIAS set at 52 MA So I played around with that and it sounded a bit better than the older one. Later on I read the instructions on BIAS setting & it said over 40 MA. So I pulled the amp out of the case and reset it to 42 MA. However it sounded a bunch better at 52 MA. It was louder, fuller, and a bit better sounding.

Any advice on setting the BIAS a little hotter than 40MA Tube longevity is my primary concern for the SCX2's but if I can set it a bit higher for that fuller deeper and louder tone without endangering the amps health and longevity.

By the way I tried the line out from the older amp which is back home after the input jack repair into the input jack of my Egnater Tweaker 15 watt head with an Eminence Cannabis Rex Hemp cone 12" speaker in an open back 1-12 cab it blew me away with the volume and tone. The Tweaker is a bit louder than the Hybrid X2's since it is full tube and the tubes are not near the speaker like they are in the combo X2's.