Thread: Amp repair stand:

TFF Stage Crew

Amp repair stand:

Is there any company out there that makes an adjustable stand for mounting an amp chassis to in order to make builds & repairs easier? I thought for sure that Stewmac would have something like that, but I don't see anything on their website.

Forum Member

Re: Amp repair stand:

After my first build, (Twin), I decided the 2 ammo cans wasn't the way. I found some plans online and built a stand, problem was, the dimensions were metric, (which mean nothing to me). When assembled, I thought it was a little small, and figured out I needed to lengthen the adjustment slot just to accommodate a Deluxe Reverb, if doing over, I would make it wider! It works fine although I shouldn't have painted the wood where it swivels, as it tends to stick.
    I can't put up a link now with my tablet, but you can find the plans on EL34 World, (Weber sells a similar version, but yikes!)

TFF Stage Crew

I just looked a Weber's. $170 does seem a bit much

Forum Member

Here is the one I built with an 18W waiting for me to get a round tuit!

I'm a bench guy, seems like whenever I get into the bowels of an amp I have parts and tools scattered over 3 zip codes. Scored a couple if those industrial workbenches with the thick wood tops. My issue with a stand would be where does the soldering iron go, lol!

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim