Thread: Using a Looper Pedal with a Fender Mustang LT25 Amp

Forum Member

Using a Looper Pedal with a Fender Mustang LT25 Amp

Can I connect a simple single switch looper like a Boss RC-1 Looper to a Fender Mustang LT25 by placing the looper between the guitar and the amp? For my practice, simply using the first option, Fender Clean, would work just fine.

I bought my Fender Mustang LT25 because it has good sound with multiple presets that allowed me to have a beginner/intermediate amp without worrying about effect pedals. Honestly, at my age (in my 70s) its going to be a long time (if ever) that I worry about effect pedals and an upgraded amp.

However, I see a real need for a basic loop pedal like a Boss RC-1 Looper. Just something to be able at record a rhythm loop to use for practicing.

However – the Fender Mustang LT25 has no built-in loop support. It’s a pretty simple amp in that way, and yet for beginner/intermediate practice, the presets rock for my use.

Thanks.

Re: Using a Looper Pedal with a Fender Mustang LT25 Amp

Welcome to the Fender Forum! While I don't have knowledge about the amp in question, I think it overlooks the basic concept of pedals: A device or devices that sit in the signal chain between the guitar and the amp. The amp has a 1/4" input jack, does it not? I shouldn't think it would make a whole lot of difference what type of amp you have, as the signal goes guitar->pedal->amp. What the amp produces as output is the result of the signal being received by it.

I have a TC Electronic DITTO looper pedal (that I admittedly haven't used a lot) and a variety of small practice amps, and I've never even bothered to consider if the amps can deal with it. I say go for it!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!