Thread: The Sunday Thread. It's June 4, 2023

The Sunday Thread. It's June 4, 2023

Good morning/afternoon/evening. Yesterday, it seemed like the first day of summer. It wasn't as hot as the day before, but we had the "Three H's" (hazy, hot & humid) all day, and that's pretty typical summer weather around here. It promises to be ten degree cooler today, so yesterday was just a hint of things to come.

My grandson turned four last week. There was a kids party for him to which I was invited ("in a crowded place full of screaming kids") but my daughter said today is the family birthday party for him. I ordered a small bike with training wheels for him, but it hasn't arrived yet, so my gift to him will be a little personalized license plate for it for when it arrives.

Other than that, it's Sunday as usual: Church, exercise, eat, read, and play guitar. Maybe watch some baseball, depending on when the party starts and when the game starts. Simple life. Simple pleasures. I wish everyone a great Sunday!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: The Sunday Thread. It's June 4, 2023

Good Sunday Morning! Spent Friday in studio - got a couple more as far as we can go until we get a friend of mine to come in and do a bunch of harmonies. Both songs were written years ago and resided in my head until last week. They'll fill out with the background vocals, but for now I hope you enjoy...

https://soundcloud.com/user-78574690...-touch-the-sky This was originally conceived as a choral piece back in the 80's - needs a LOT of vocals. We sometimes did it in church to close out the mass.

https://soundcloud.com/user-78574690...ee-you-tonight This was kicking around for around 20 years - it came together quickly - it's fun!

Spending the day cleaning out the music room - it's gotten pretty cluttered and TeleBob is coming by next week to help me out with some other tunes. We need room to play! I also have to pick up some nice ribeyes, because that's a TeleBob tradition, too!

A new computer is arriving for my grandson - will have him come over and help me set it up for him. HP Omen gaming computer - Either an I7 orr I9 - literature says both, with GTX 4070 video card. Otherwise pretty standard - needs more RAM (easy enough to do) and the 1 TB SSD should hold him for a while (there's room for two more should he need them).

Busy week planned - nothing major, but lots of little things to do. Have a deadline on a magazine article that I've been putting off - I guess that's what deadlines are for!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

we had a doozy of a front come through and put the kabosh on our incipient summer weather, barely 50 with constant clouds/drizzle threat. I got caught in a torrential downpour when I was 1.5 miles from my house when the front moved in on Friday, rest of next week looks cool, cloudy and clammy as well. Hopefully help with our quasi-drought conditions

Left wrist isn't getting worse as far as I can tell, I have been trying to be mindful as I can about not using it to brace myself when I bend over for stuff. I think the warmer weather was helping so this reversal of the summer conditions is unappreciated.

Going to try to get out today for a walk, I need to get active again I have been too much of a sessile semi-sentient organism lately.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

This last week has been one of those you won’t forget too soon.

On Memorial Day one of my oldest musician friends passed away after enduring a debilitating disease for the last few years. The first time I was on stage in a band with him was around ‘64/‘65 and over the years we continued to occasionally work together with the last event being a weekly jam session that we did for three years until COVID shut us down.

On Friday my wife and I went to his funeral and that was followed by a jam session where many, many of our musician friends got together to celebrate his life. He will be missed