Thread: The Memorial Day Sunday Thread For May 28, 2023

The Memorial Day Sunday Thread For May 28, 2023

Please take 90 seconds at 3:00pm local time Monday to observe a moment of silence and remembrance for those who gave all in defense of freedom and liberty.

I've been up about 2-1/2 hours already today. I got nose-deep into attempting to solve a problem that has bedeviled me for years.

I have a first generation Apple iPod Touch -- produced in 2007 -- that has 1,466 music titles on it. These are songs, albums and streaming audio files that I ripped, streamed and saved from a variety of sources not Apple.

Folks may remember that Apple Computer and the Beatles Apple Corp. had an agreement way back when that Apple was not going to enter the music business -- an agreement that Apple Computer broke when they created the iTunes Music Store (now just Apple Music). And when they did so, they got all uppity about not being able to own the music on your devices. Thus, pulling data OFF an iPod has always been a matter of magical juju, tossing bones, reading smoke, and stuff that mere mortals can't fathom.

Well, Apple recently announced the end of the iPod. Which means that now any content on such a device is at risk of extinction. I've used iPods for years, as they were great for distance training runs, but the DO fail. So, for years I've looked for a means to copy data off an iPod onto my computer. Solutions have presented them, but it seems there isn't a great market for them, and technology (chip types, OS versions, etc.) render them useless.

So, I've been looking this morning. I may have found a $olution, but I'm checking for alternatives. And thus, I've neglected my Sunday greeting.

It's a three-day weekend for those of us in the U. S. A., as mentioned in my opening comment. But it's Sunday for everyone, and I wish everyone a wonderful day!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: The Memorial Day Sunday Thread For May 28, 2023

It’s a beautiful day here on the west shore of Lake Michigan and I think I’ll be firing up the air conditioning in the next few days when we’re supposed to hit that 90° mark. I didn’t think we’d ever get out of that winter funk.

I hope all enjoy their Memorial Day!

Working on one of my bicycles, writing a new song, motorcycle ride, then off to play some music at a party.

Well rounded day...
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Good afternooon all. We were supposed to go to my cousin's house at 2 for a cookout, but she just texed and said don't come until 3. We have family coming from out of state so that kinda sucked. It will still be fun - she's the most italian person I know, so cannoli's will be in full supply. It will be fun with my brother through adoption and my birth-bro getting together. I think maybe they met once before.

memorial day used to have personal meaning, since I'd been told that my birth father had been killed in Korea, but turns out the bastard lived and resides only about 20 minutes from us.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

yeesh, forgot it was Sunday. Beautiful day here, sunny 90 degrees (32.2C), dry no clouds. We're actually in a bit of a drought situation, hard to believe after all the moisture from this winter and spring. I just got done grilling some chicken and steak tips, it's great to have some in the fridge for grazing on later in the day. Way better than cake, cookies and ice cream. I've already walked two miles today. Saw a buddy's band play last night, while the basketball game was on the TV behind the stage. I warned him if I hollered "Fuck you" in their direction to know it wasn't directed at them LOL.

Think I'll take advantage of the cool basement and start moving stuff out of the packed up corner and redistribute it again. I need to arrange for some help in moving some large items out of the garage and upstairs to the basement. 20 odd years ago, I'd have done it by myself and be unable to move for a week. Recovery time now is a month or more. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Y'all have a great weekend. Summer has unofficially officially started.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"