Thread: I've met my first Fender Forum member today :D

I've met my first Fender Forum member today :D

Hi Tele-Bob

Bob came over today to buy my Princeton Reverb combo. He is a really cool dude and it was nice to meet him. I wish I could get to the jam this year, if you have a chance you should go.

Hopefully I'll get to meet more of you soon. Thanks, Bob. I've got a line on a Marshall amp that will replace one I had years ago and really liked. Hopefully that transaction will go as smooth as ours today. Nice meeting you.

Dan
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: I've met my first Fender Forum member today :D

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    Hi Tele-Bob

Bob came over today to buy my Princeton Reverb combo. He is a really cool dude and it was nice to meet him. I wish I could get to the jam this year, if you have a chance you should go.

Hopefully I'll get to meet more of you soon. Thanks, Bob. I've got a line on a Marshall amp that will replace one I had years ago and really liked. Hopefully that transaction will go as smooth as ours today. Nice meeting you.

Dan
    Bob is definitely the sland!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Dan, the pleasure was all mine. Thank You.

That Princeton sounds so sweet that even my girlfriend commented on how beautiful it sounded when I played it for her.

I have had the pleasure of meeting so many great folks across the country through this and other forums. Many remain good friends and we chat frequently. I will count you among those Dan.

Now I have to go play my new amp! Already the tone has inspired a new song!
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

I'm one of those he's met! He was on one of his coast to coast motorcycle rides!
    The Best Guitar Photos On The Net!
    Photoweborama

I've made some good friends here.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

I've not met anyone here face to face (that I know of). Unfortunately, I had to give up my first opportunity to do so by backing out of the TFF Jam, but maybe next time.

But I consider all of you friends in an Internet sort of way. I am constantly impressed with the knowledge and skill levels demonstrated by members, either through posting videos or helping others. I am flattered and honored that you folks put up with me, a hack guitarist and a bedroom soloist who is trying to become better. I receive a lot of encouragement while at the same time, I get honest and sometimes tough feedback.

I peruse other guitar forums, but this is the only one where I actually know peoples' names, and have had some private interactions with a few of you. Thank you for tolerating me and allowing me to stick around.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Well, after this debacle there likely won't be any more jams. I was considering hosting another one myself but the financial commitment and effort required are just too risky at this point.

The Golden Era of the guitar forum jam is sadly an artifact of a bygone era. Such awesome times!

I will be the sole attendee of the upcoming jam and look forward to rockin' the house with Chuck/Offshore Angler in the time honored tradition of what made those old days so good.

We're going to play it as a gig/open mic to satisfy the promise made to Lou's Cottage Inn that there would be live music on the day in question.

I was really looking forward to meeting some more TFF members. Perhaps in another time in a far away galaxy.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.