Thread: Acoustasonic battery problem

Forum Member

Acoustasonic battery problem

Hi guys. The battery in my acoustasonic Telly loses charge in less than an hour. Don't leave the jack plug connected, green light shows fully charged, correct charger. It seems silly to me that the Player has a standard 9volt supply which seems a much better option. Three years old so out of warranty. Has anyone converted one to a normal 9volt battery?

Re: Acoustasonic battery problem

Quote Originally Posted by Longdog View Post
    Hi guys. The battery in my acoustasonic Telly loses charge in less than an hour. Don't leave the jack plug connected, green light shows fully charged, correct charger. It seems silly to me that the Player has a standard 9volt supply which seems a much better option. Three years old so out of warranty. Has anyone converted one to a normal 9volt battery?
    Rechargeable batteries eventually lose their ability to hold a charge. You just need to replace the battery pack.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tele-Bob View Post
    Rechargeable batteries eventually lose their ability to hold a charge. You just need to replace the battery pack.
    I realise that but the batteries are virtually unattainable. Fender don't supply them and have offered to replace my guitar under warranty. I believe a competent guy could replace the existing system with the same replaceable battery system supplied with the Player models but it's not good to have an expensive guitar basically useless when the battery fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Longdog View Post
    ...Fender don't supply them and have offered to replace my guitar under warranty. ...
    I think that may be your answer.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim