Thread: Sunday May 14

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Sunday May 14

Here, I’ll start this one. Getting ready to play bass at church this morning. Wife has been visiting her mom for Mother’s Day so I e had sole duty for everything since Fri. Been somewhat busy helping the dog get used to his new daily routines as he was diagnosed with diabetes.
    Suppose to have an atty (number 4 that I have tried) Monday call me to handle a suit I am in. Also leave Monday for a business trip for the new gig. Later today I need to book for the same trip again next week.

Needless to say, everything is kinda fluid around here. Got YouTube TV the other week and my wife is comfortable with navigating it and it offers what we want, so ditching DIRECTV. Only chose them for the NFL ticket. Since they lost that, bye bye. Created a YouTube TV acct for free for my mother in law and she’s enjoying it. (And she is a football fan like my wife and I). Sorry I’m all over the place, but that’s life right now. Need to give my dog his insulin shot and shower before this mornings gig.
    Mark

Re: Sunday May 14

Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone, and Happy Mothers Day. The only "mother" in my life these days is my daughter, who has given me two terrific grandkids, so I will having dinner with them this evening. I offered to take them out, but they decided to eat in. So, I'm going to find the best dessert I can and take it over as my contribution.

My back, hip and right knee condition has flared up again. This has been a recurring problem since I injured my back in an automobile accident when I was seventeen. I've gone years between flareups, but as I approach retirement, I need to go back to the chiropractor. They don't accept my insurance, so I need to bite the bullet and reach into my wallet. And do so before I stop getting a paycheck. That's my #1 goal for the coming week.

Church for me this morning, then hunt for dessert. Limber up (exercise helps reduce my back/leg issue) a bit and the spend time with family. If you have a mother, make them smile today!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

9AM - This is the first morning where I've slept-in in probably three years. Lawn work done yesterday so little plans for today. I need to practice an organ solo for the song we're recording on Friday. I played it for years in "G" but at the last minute we switched to "D" so i I need to relearn it. With the finger injury that isn't as simple as it once might have been. Later we'll call my birth mother in Tennessee to wish her a Happy Mother's day. Then maybe stop off at the cemetery to visit my adoptive mother. Having had two mom's is actually pretty wonderful. I wish they could have met each other.

The wife is under a lot of stress. Her son injured his back and has been out of work for 6 weeks. He need spine fusion and is finally getting ready to do that, but now he may also have testicular cancer so he's freaked out. My wife has been driving him to doctor's appointments and helping with her granddaughter several times a week, but each trip is 100+ miles and the stress is bringing her down. He's also a crybaby and dramaticizes his pain, knowing it will get her running. Wednesday is her 2-year sober day and she is so proud to be where she is right now, but I'm concerned that all the extra pressure is going to send her backwards.

BTW - he has always been impulsive - he got into guitar and then bought a Strat Select - paid big bucks for it. Started going wakeboarding with a friend and a few weeks later bought a boat. My wife feels pressure to help them out with $$$ - particularly rent, but I'm only a couple years from retirement and need to hang on to as much as possible. Anyways, as long as he live his life impulsively like he does, it's just pissing the money away. I told him I'd try and find a buyer for his strat - will post later, but I think he's asking too much.

Well - have a great one!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

It’s just a lazy day here on the western shore of Lake Michigan so it’s off to church for me and the Mrs. and that will be followed by a Bloody Mary or three.

Hope all have a great week!

Going out for a bicycle ride today. Pneumonia for me down for 4 weeks! I only have 65 miles on the odometer so far this year, and looking to do 1,000 miles by the end of the season. Time to get busy!

Mother's Day luncheon with mom and brother. Should be fun. I get to sit through ALL of her stories again that I can now recite word for word. Maybe I'll go to the dentist instead, LOL.

Haven't touched my guitar for week now. Need to change that. Gig coming up soon.

Talked with Offshore Angler about participating in the Lou's Cottage Inn Jam as an open mic. Looks like I'm THE ONLY ONE ATTENDING. Lou's advertised the event and OSA put his rep on the line for this.
    It will be fun to play together again and hopefully have some local players turn out for the event.

Someone stop me from buying a new Princeton Reverb with 12" speaker, which I will immediately swap out for a Weber 12A125 AlNiCo speaker. I don't need it. I won't use it. But I want it so bad. Voice of the angels!
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tele-Bob View Post

Someone stop me from buying a new Princeton Reverb with 12" speaker, which I will immediately swap out for a Weber 12A125 AlNiCo speaker. I don't need it. I won't use it. But I want it so bad. Voice of the angels!
    wanna buy mine? I'm not using it since I got the big Fender combo. Frankly I'm not using much of anything lately because of my left wrist. I can actually trace it back to when we had our first snow storm in '21 and I had to shovel. I tried to play a little bit last night, rusty AF.

In lieu of playing, I've been revisiting my recording projects. In the process of doing so, I've run into a number of issues. I would have thought making back ups on external drives would be sufficient to restore back to where you once were if you totally messed up but noooooo. I have a back up on a 2TB seagate, go to reload it onto my M1 mac mini with 256GB flash drive and it won't let me, citing insufficient memory. On the flash drive. What in the sam hill does that have to do with the price of tea in china? It sounds to me like it's trying to load the backup onto the flash drive and then re-write the stuff I messed up.

trying to fix this storage shortage, I went and deleted a bunch of stuff from the music machine, only to find that the sumbitch also deleted it from my main machine which I did not want it to do. I'm so pissed off. What damn good does doing physical backups on an external drive if you can't put it back the way it was if you have a major oopsy?
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Are you running Time Machine? If you are, any time you attach a new external drive, Time Machine will want to back up your system. Try disabling Time Machine.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    wanna buy mine?
    PM sent...

Forum Member

DanTheBluesMan, years back, I fought a couple of computer deaths before I heard about Casper. Started backing up the drive monthly, and sure enough, the next hard drive crash, I installed the drive Casper backed up, and used the computer as usual! I've been spoiled since machines were Seven, and now Ten, have not had another drive die, but still back up the work computer monthly, (or so.)

PM sent...
    replied

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
    DanTheBluesMan, years back, I fought a couple of computer deaths before I heard about Casper. Started backing up the drive monthly, and sure enough, the next hard drive crash, I installed the drive Casper backed up, and used the computer as usual! I've been spoiled since machines were Seven, and now Ten, have not had another drive die, but still back up the work computer monthly, (or so.)
    sounds good but unfortunately for me, Casper is Windows only

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    replied
    Please reply to my email bikeshots@earthlink.net

I'm getting weird warnings about exceeding 1000 characters in my message, and I doubt there's 100. A little frustrating. Thanks.

Please reply to my email bikeshots@earthlink.net

I'm getting weird warnings about exceeding 1000 characters in my message, and I doubt there's 100. A little frustrating. Thanks.
    email sent