Thread: Sire H7 (ES-335 style)

Forum Member

Sire H7 (ES-335 style)

Got this two weeks ago and loving it. Feels great, plays and sounds good. Love the rounded edges on the Fret Board and Frets. Nothing on it I wish to change. That is a first! It came with upgraded Ernie Ball 2221 Nickel plated Steel Strings .010-.046
    The tuners are smooth as butter.

Re: Sire H7 (ES-335 style)

Good stuff. I continue to hear very good things about Sire guitars, especially the Larry Carlton stuff.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Forum Member

Re: Sire H7 (ES-335 style)

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    Good stuff. I continue to hear very good things about Sire guitars, especially the Larry Carlton stuff.
    I have two Sire Marcus Miller Basses (2nd Gen) a P7 and V5. Love them both so I decided to check out the Larry Carlton H7 as I have always wanted an ES-335 style guitar but couldn’t afford a Gibson ES-335 and wasn’t wild about Epi and some other lower priced offerings. Since my basses were so good I jumped for the H7 and have absolutely no regrets. The one thing I did notice is while the 2016 Gibson SG Standard and another guitar really sang with D’Addario Pure Nickel wound strings they did not seem to do so well on the Sire H7 so I put a new set of the Ernie Ball 2221 Nickel plated steel strings on it like it came with from Sweetwater. They state the come with D’Addario EXL 170’s but there was a tag on the guitar that stated upgraded to Ernie Ball Premium strings. I called Sweetwater and was told they were EB 2221 strings. I can say the guitar sounds really good with the EB 2221’s .010-.046’s. This just shows what I found years ago that pickups are string selective. The H7 plays and sounds very nice. Doesn’t fight me as some have in the past. The tuners are butter smooth and I determined they are 18:1 ratio.