Thread: The deals are out there with a little luck. American Performer Telecaster.

The deals are out there with a little luck. American Performer Telecaster.

Wandered into our local small town pawnshop here in BC Canada for a looky see and whats hanging up but a American Performer Telecaster for only $800 Canadian. I thought it was a Mexican model till the clerk said nope. Corona California. He mumbled something about warranty papers. I borrowed some coin and got it for $800 taxes included. When I got it home I found out what the warranty mumbling was about. The push pull tone knob was engaging the split coil on neck humbucker only in split single coil mode. The quick fix was to wire the humbucker in humbucking mode directly to the 3 way switch. I'll buy a switching tone pot sometime and restore the split coil function. While not my first Tele as Ive owned in the past a couple Mexican made ones and a couple Squier ones its certainly the best one Ive encountered. My guitar collecting freind called me a Bastid for a week as I got such a good deal. Its a 2020 and sold then for $1679.99 at that time as the price tag came with the bag of papers. Long and McQuade currently sells them for $1999.99 now. Its a satin seafoam green one with rosewood fingerboard and as I mentioned humbucker neck pickup model.
    Heres a youtube link to my freind and I playing our guitars.
    https://youtu.be/FcrSSXNrVqQ
    Last edited by Blues de Fox; 05-07-2023 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Made a mistake on the guitars my freind and I were playing in youtube link