Thread: LT25 and Fender Tone

LT25 and Fender Tone

Hi - I am the new owner of a Fender Mustang LT25 and am enjoying fooling around with it. I have an issue though. My Mac desktop is running OS 10.11.6 and cannot be updated anymore. Fender Tone 3.0 requires 10.14.?. I also have an iPad Air running iPadIOS 16.1.1. but the LT25 does not support Bluetooth. Am I up the mythical creek without a paddle regarding downloading further presets or updating firmware and whatever else the app provides? A place to download an older version of Fender Tone or hardwiring the iPad to the amp perhaps.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated by this frustrated old man.
    Thanks ...

Re: LT25 and Fender Tone

Quote Originally Posted by coolredmudball View Post
    Hi - I am the new owner of a Fender Mustang LT25 and am enjoying fooling around with it. I have an issue though. My Mac desktop is running OS 10.11.6 and cannot be updated anymore. Fender Tone 3.0 requires 10.14.?. I also have an iPad Air running iPadIOS 16.1.1. but the LT25 does not support Bluetooth. Am I up the mythical creek without a paddle regarding downloading further presets or updating firmware and whatever else the app provides? A place to download an older version of Fender Tone or hardwiring the iPad to the amp perhaps.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated by this frustrated old man.
    Thanks ...
    I doubt this is going to be helpful, but since you asked...

macOS 10.11.6 (formerly known as Mac OSX El Capitan) is a pretty old operating system, in terms of computer years. It was released in 2015, and if your computer can't be upgraded past it, it's likely even older. That's a good track record, but as you've since learned, computer technology doesn't stand still. So, here are some possible answers, without regard to cost or inconvenience:

1. Buy a new Mac (duh). The fact you're posting this suggests that's not the way you want to proceed. But it is the first - and best - remedy.
    2. Buy a newer, used Mac. I've done this several times with great success. You don't always get the latest CPU and other features, but the depreciation on computers is severe, so a very usable computer can be had for much less than new. Take a look at Operator Headgap, a resource for pretty much everything older Mac. Bob is the owner/operator and he's very helpful.
    3. Not being familiar with the Mustang LT25 (I have an older Mustang IIv2) I don't know if this would work, and it would be quite a kludge anyway, but with the proper adapter(s) you might be able to attach a Bluetooth dongle such as this one and then use your iPad. My stereo system doesn't support Bluetooth, but I can pipe music from my phone or other device using it. I have to tweak the volume settings, but it works. I also have one in my older car that lets me drive and hear music and podcasts from my phone because... no Bluetooth in the car! The major drawback is the 3.5mm plug. If your LT25 only has 1/4" jacks, you'd have to get a 3.5mm->1/4" adapter. Like I said, a kludge.

That's it. I'm out of ideas. There are some talented guys here who could possibly instruct you on how to add/modify the amp, or some other solution. Stick around!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: LT25 and Fender Tone

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    I doubt this is going to be helpful, but since you asked...

macOS 10.11.6 (formerly known as Mac OSX El Capitan) is a pretty old operating system, in terms of computer years. It was released in 2015, and if your computer can't be upgraded past it, it's likely even older. That's a good track record, but as you've since learned, computer technology doesn't stand still. So, here are some possible answers, without regard to cost or inconvenience:

1. Buy a new Mac (duh). The fact you're posting this suggests that's not the way you want to proceed. But it is the first - and best - remedy.
    2. Buy a newer, used Mac. I've done this several times with great success. You don't always get the latest CPU and other features, but the depreciation on computers is severe, so a very usable computer can be had for much less than new. Take a look at Operator Headgap, a resource for pretty much everything older Mac. Bob is the owner/operator and he's very helpful.
    3. Not being familiar with the Mustang LT25 (I have an older Mustang IIv2) I don't know if this would work, and it would be quite a kludge anyway, but with the proper adapter(s) you might be able to attach a Bluetooth dongle such as this one and then use your iPad. My stereo system doesn't support Bluetooth, but I can pipe music from my phone or other device using it. I have to tweak the volume settings, but it works. I also have one in my older car that lets me drive and hear music and podcasts from my phone because... no Bluetooth in the car! The major drawback is the 3.5mm plug. If your LT25 only has 1/4" jacks, you'd have to get a 3.5mm->1/4" adapter. Like I said, a kludge.

That's it. I'm out of ideas. There are some talented guys here who could possibly instruct you on how to add/modify the amp, or some other solution. Stick around!
    SIZE=3] Thanks for replying, Old Strummer. You are right, I don't want to buy a new Mac ...well, I wouldn't mind but my finances say 'NO'. Also a second hand one is still $500 +- which I just don't have spare. Looks like I shall just have the given 30 presets and no more. Not sure what to do about firmware updates. Unless others may know of a fix. Fingers crossed ...[/SIZE]