Thread: What is the best source for a Fender 125A7A output transformer

Forum Member

What is the best source for a Fender 125A7A output transformer

Shot in the dark....I am in need of a source for a Fender 125A7A output transformer. I really wish I could find one made in 1963 or 1964, but any year would work for my purpose. I have recently found a really clean example of a 1964 Fender Pro Amp & need the output transformer to make it sing again. I would also consider a correctly Re-wound (paper bobbin, interleaved) or a non working but otherwise correct unit. Let me know where to look or who I should contact. Or, If you have one you are willing to part with, message me with a description and a quote. I will pay shipping to North Little Rock, Arkansas 72116. I can do PayPal or US Postal money order, which ever you prefer.

Thanks!

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Re: What is the best source for a Fender 125A7A output transformer

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman714 View Post
    Shot in the dark....I am in need of a source for a Fender 125A7A output transformer. I really wish I could find one made in 1963 or 1964, but any year would work for my purpose. I have recently found a really clean example of a 1964 Fender Pro Amp & need the output transformer to make it sing again. I would also consider a correctly Re-wound (paper bobbin, interleaved) or a non working but otherwise correct unit. Let me know where to look or who I should contact. Or, If you have one you are willing to part with, message me with a description and a quote. I will pay shipping to North Little Rock, Arkansas 72116. I can do PayPal or US Postal money order, which ever you prefer.

Thanks!
    Have you looked into Mercury Magnetics? They have several replacements available for Pro Amps from the tweed, brownface, and blackface eras.

https://www.mercurymagnetics.com/pro...ut-transformer
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantomman View Post
    Have you looked into Mercury Magnetics? They have several replacements available for Pro Amps from the tweed, brownface, and blackface eras.

https://www.mercurymagnetics.com/pro...ut-transformer
    Thanks, but I am specifically looking for the paper bobbin, interleaved variety. Mercury Magnetics, as far as I know, uses a plastic bobbin & are not interleaved. I do appreciate the reply though.

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Well I'd sell you my 125A7A but that would leave my '64 Pro Amp dry-docked.

"When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."