Thread: Sold My Bad Monkey and Made Tarzan Bucks

Sold My Bad Monkey and Made Tarzan Bucks

I’ve always praised the no longer made Digitech Bad Monkey OD pedal. Recently, someone known compared it favorably to a Klon, and the things shot up in price, some as high as $600. I was ready to sell mine and had taken pics already. I did a search on Reverb and saw the avg price between $225-$275. I am selling a lot of stuff, and I just put mine up there and made about 250% profit on it. I like my Ibanez TS more. First time I ever turned a profit on a pedal.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Re: Sold My Bad Monkey and Made Tarzan Bucks

Woo-hoo......now you can take that cruise to the Bahamas.

"When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

I've been scratching my head on that one - I've tried the BM a few times, and I've never been a fan - Digitech pedals have a transient that |I don't like.
    But I was looking up Rat pedals yesterday and found similar - I have 2 of them, bought for like $40 each.
    The older one, an '87 by the pots, there was some one asking like $750 for one similar (not that I'd expect it to get that much if I put it up) and even the newer, a '96, with the not-so-desired chip, are out there at $250.
    I was actually thinking about changing the chip over on the newer one, though there's some other differences in the electronics too.
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomman View Post
    Woo-hoo......now you can take that cruise to the Bahamas.

I might be able to afford a pair of Bermuda shorts at least.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by jrgtr42 View Post
    I've been scratching my head on that one - I've tried the BM a few times, and I've never been a fan - Digitech pedals have a transient that |I don't like.
    But I was looking up Rat pedals yesterday and found similar - I have 2 of them, bought for like $40 each.
    The older one, an '87 by the pots, there was some one asking like $750 for one similar (not that I'd expect it to get that much if I put it up) and even the newer, a '96, with the not-so-desired chip, are out there at $250.
    I was actually thinking about changing the chip over on the newer one, though there's some other differences in the electronics too.
    I have a Rat that's about 6 years old, and it does the job. If I can get a voice out of them that I like, I'll love the pedal. I tried a Boss DS1 and couldn't stand it, but others use them and make them sound good. It's all down to what fits with what you do and how you play. For a time, the Bad Monkey was great for what I needed, but those days are gone, and now the Ibanez TS does it for me. I also have a Fulltone OCD. Great pedal, but I prefer the Ibanez and am going to sell the OCD. I really need to list my wares in the member classifieds. I've got a goodly amount of pedals and a pedal board for sale.

I like my bad monkey,but for the price they go for now.... maybe it's time to sell it...
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    I have a Rat that's about 6 years old, and it does the job. If I can get a voice out of them that I like, I'll love the pedal. I tried a Boss DS1 and couldn't stand it, but others use them and make them sound good. It's all down to what fits with what you do and how you play. For a time, the Bad Monkey was great for what I needed, but those days are gone, and now the Ibanez TS does it for me. I also have a Fulltone OCD. Great pedal, but I prefer the Ibanez and am going to sell the OCD. I really need to list my wares in the member classifieds. I've got a goodly amount of pedals and a pedal board for sale.
    That first Rat has been on my board since I got it - I've tried a lot of pedals before and since, but nothing has beat it for the sound I have in my head for heavy dirt. Not quite fuzz; I keep the filter pretty high. The other one |I don't like quite as much, but it works great as overdrive rather than distortion.
    Though I did find one pedal last fall that I like a lot - it's a bit different flavor distortion - The Poison Noises The Crook. It won't kick the Rat off, but it works nicely alongside.
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.