Thread: '52 special tele

Forum Member

'52 special tele

Hi all,

First post, great forum. Just bought a 52 Special Telecaster - had never heard of it, nor ever played a real Tele and I tried it (through a Vibrolux.. wow it sang) it said buy me and luckily i had a little cash to spend, as this guitar would not let me leave the shop with out it!

Anyways, I can't seem to find any info about it on the web - a few old ads of shops selling them, but in general.. nada.. I really feel Fender should sort out the heritage part of their website - It's a pretty poor site isn't it?

Anyone else have one or know anything (the serial on the backplate is V097324)? I love it to bits, has tone like i have never heard before, it's a real guitar and i can't put the damn thing down.

Main question i had was about strings - it came with strings that felt perfect and i broke a couple and fitted the super bullets that came with it (10 thru 46), but they don't feel as good... anyone have any views on some good strings for this type of guitar? (been playing 16 years and i still don't know much about strings lol).

I attached some pics so you can see what I'm talking about.. sorry about the tag still being on and my messy apartment.. (if you get the freeserver does not allow external blabla just copy paste it and refresh, if you can be bothered!)

Keep up the great work,

Steve.

congrats!! yeah the 52 special is a special guitar, it has an ash body in 2 tone nitro-cellulose sunburst, with med. jumbo frets
    I believe the strings are fender nickle 10-46's but I could be wrong.
    I think our very own Tele-Bob owns one of these

Great job!! :tw59
    Formerly Bluesgtr20

TFF Stage Crew
    Nice! I'm not a big fan of gold hardware (unless it's on a Les Paul Custom) but I've always dug two-tone Teles. What size frets? Medium jumbo would be what #?

Beautiful!!!! :wail2

Now you got me drooling for one...Oh my what have you done to me :drl

-Kevin
    GAS: Gear Acquisition Syndrome
    TAS: Telecaster Acquisition Syndrome
    BAS: Bass Acquisition Syndrome
    ...but I don't have SAS: Stratocaster Acquisition Syndrome...not yet anyway...

Very nice!

damn!

i'm gonna hafta check out one of those!
    Imanidiot.

Forum Member
    Thanks for the kind words peepz, i got a bit carried away with it and forget to post an answer - 5 months on, what an inspirational instrument, i had 4 years off from playing pretty much, but i'm way back in now, havent plugged in my Ibanez since, the tele is just perfect.

When you look at it sitting in it's stand, you see tension, it begs to be played.. my blues playing has since switched to funky blues, to now disco blues! Yep, sorry about that.. but it just happened. :)

hehe ok I'll stop, but this is a life changing guitar..

Now.. onto a goood strat next ;)

Originally posted by Defender
    Thanks for the kind words peepz, i got a bit carried away with it and forget to post an answer - 5 months on, what an inspirational instrument, i had 4 years off from playing pretty much, but i'm way back in now, havent plugged in my Ibanez since, the tele is just perfect.

When you look at it sitting in it's stand, you see tension, it begs to be played.. my blues playing has since switched to funky blues, to now disco blues! Yep, sorry about that.. but it just happened. :)

hehe ok I'll stop, but this is a life changing guitar..

Now.. onto a goood strat next ;)
    Thats great to hear, I would suggest staying away from this place like you just did for 5 months. This place will cost you alot of money, before you know it wou will have 3 tele's and 3 strats like me. I swear its a disease. Enjoy:tw59

Forum Member
    I hear you, bluesgtr20. Here's my list of stuff to add to my Muddy Tele get thanks to TFF and the LPF:

-50's classic/'52ri Telecaster, or CS '51 Nocaster
    -60's classic/'62ri Telecaster, or CS '63 Tele and put a 'bucker in the neck
    -Les Paul Standard or '57 goldtop Reissue or '58 Reissue
    -Les Paul Special or SG Special or '56 goldtop Reissue
    -Some sorta Strat
    -Gibson ES335
    -Home built 18W Marshall Clone
    -Home Built Tweed Deluxe
    -sound insulated home studio with computer (for recording Jams, storing Backing tracks) so I can crank to my heart's content without bugging everyone in my house!!!

It will be ooh so sweet to the ears, but ooh so painful to the wallett.