Thread: NGD! Tex Mex Content

NGD! Tex Mex Content

I couldn't resist this...

The V Neck is niiiiiice. Just needs a good setup.
    "...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,
    shriveled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome, insects of the hour."

-Edmund Burke

Re: NGD! Tex Mex Content

Looks pretty nice! How is the fret work? Are the Tex-Mex pickups significantly hotter than standard strat pickups? The DC resistance on my 1996 American Standard pickups is around 5.8 to 5.9K ohms.
    "When You're Riding Down the Highway at Night, And You're Feeling that Wild Turkey's Bite" ZZ Top

Very nice
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I had one of these for a while, not because I'm a Jimmie Vaughan fan (I'm a huge Jimmie Vaughan fan), but because it was a really good Strat! I sold it because it had so many similarities to the USACG/MJT/Fralin Strat that I built years ago and love.

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Nice!
    Mark

I had to check to make sure this was a real thing, LOL!

Funny thing, the "soft-V" neck is the same profile as on my EC Strat. And since I've revived it, it's become my favorite player. Love that soft-V!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Smith View Post
    Looks pretty nice! How is the fret work? Are the Tex-Mex pickups significantly hotter than standard strat pickups? The DC resistance on my 1996 American Standard pickups is around 5.8 to 5.9K ohms.
    Haven't had a chance to play it amped up yet - but the neck and frets feel pretty good.

I haven't measured the pickups personally, but they're spec'd at: Neck: 6.5K, Middle: 6.4K, Bridge: 7.4K
    "...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,

-Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I had one of these for a while, not because I'm a Jimmie Vaughan fan (I'm a huge Jimmie Vaughan fan), but because it was a really good Strat! I sold it because it had so many similarities to the USACG/MJT/Fralin Strat that I built years ago and love.

Niiiiiiiiice

-Edmund Burke