Thread: Sunday Thread 3/5

Sunday Thread 3/5

March is here and so is winter finally. It's been conspicuously absent up to now this year.

Let's see, almost 6AM so off to bed in a few to see if I can catch a few winks and then up at 10AM for the F1 race. Then a 2PM show to play. Tried watching season 3 of Star Trek Picard, it's sadly pretty much unwatchable. I bailed on season 2 and this seems just as bad. "We're out gunned, hide in the nebula!" again? WTF?

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Re: Sunday Thread 3/5

A surprising number of posts greeted me this morning, and I waded through them all before I got here. I agree about the Picard series. I think it's merely a ploy to get the old STTNG gang back together again. I think the only cast member who hasn't shown yet is Wesley Crusher. And maybe he's the one behind it all.

I'm hoping to visit with my family today. I have Girl Scout cookies to pick up from my granddaughter and then give to the local VFRD. I have a short week as I head to Florida Friday to attend the annual black-tie gala I've attended for the past 36 years. This will be #37.

Spring is making itself known around here. My neighbor's daffodils are almost played out and much to my surprise, the pulmonaria I planted a couple of years ago have come in strong and are now showing great flowers! Last weekend I trimmed back my liriope, which is a fall bloomer and cleared most of my front garden area, and although I thought I might be jumping the gun, I think I was right on time!

I've joined a very interesting discussion group that meets right before church. So, after my leisurely coffee, I'm going to head out early, do the two, then come home and take some very good advice given me on another thread and fire up some YouTube songs via Chordify and learn the bass lines. Thanks, guys!

If it's winter snow where you are, stay warm. And in any case, stay cool.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Well my bass gig last night was cancelled as they were without power and trees were down blocking some roads (had a decent storm roll through). Today is church and the 1st F1 race of the season. After that I should work on taxes and job hunt, but will probably do some more planning on a future guitar build with a PRS 513 switching system. I may skip the job hunt as my interview on Friday went quite well, and if I do say so, they would be crazy to not bring me to the final stage.
    Mark

Good luck with the job, blackonblack.

My daughter and my gf have refinished an old dining room table, and we're hauling it to my daughter in Memphis today, going to go somewhere cool to eat. Memphis is known for its BBQ, but the food scene is varied and interesting, sooooo

I rerecorded tracks on a song. The more I learn about my Apollo Twin processor and Logic, the more fun this gets to be. I'm working on an arrangement for the tune, and it's a stretch above my abilities, so it's a wonderful learning experience, a chance to push against my limitations.

My tulip magnolias are blooming, the canna lilies pushing out of the ground, grass already growing green, and around the neighborhood, the flowers are looking beautiful.

To quote Shelley: If winter comes, can spring be far behind?
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Learning songs for a couple of bands this week. I know at least one of them will fail, just not sure which one yet.

I was going to watch some F1, but have been losing interest. The cars have gotten so fast, they've outgrown most tracks, and the spectacle has become almost as barbaric as NASCAR, (which I detest)
    Bunch of NASholes shoving each other into the wall, and I can never tell who's winning. So, if you're a NAShole, (say it out loud) we're probably going to disagree on the virtues of racing. I'll take MotoGP any day of the week!

Going for a walk in the woods later. Then some convalescing. Hey, I'm old. Get off my lawn.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

I was going to go to the grocery store, but decided to clean out the freeezer this week instead. Plenty of good eats waiting there. Need to "fix" the bridge on a song we're recording. Hearing it played the way I heard it in my head didn't work out all that well, so some changes be a'comin'!

Nice day after some crappy weather so I may do some cleanup on the deck/walk/driveway. Then again, it will probably melt on it's own in the next day or two.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

bright and breezy day here, I'm taking lots of tylenol for my hands battered by shoveling 7 tons of snow yesterday. I had hoped to play guitar today, will see how my wrists feel later.

my brother's surgery went remarkably well. After the initial shock of him being sent home on the Friday after they operated on a Wednesday, between his girlfriend and I we've kept him alive. He's trying to work with his surgeon's office to be cleared to drive, he's off the pain pills already and is probably blowing the minds of the medical profession that he's progressed this quickly. He had the advantage of knowing for a long time that this was coming, and once the date was set, worked out like a madman prior to the operation. The doctor is trying to get him to wait until his 3 week appointment, which is going to be online rather than in person.

Now I can start planning for projects we've put off until we knew the status of our continued residency here. There are so many things that need fixing. I need to find the quote for the kitchen sink I got when we moved in, I bet it'll be a thousand dollars higher now, lol. I might be selling my '69 Princeton amp non-reverb to fund the construction of the wall to section off my music area from the rest of the basement. I need to consult with an electrician and an HVAC contractor. We need servicing on the latter before the warm season starts.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Ups and downs here.

Some family issues are really giving me a hard time.

However, I’m so happy that I finally started recording my own original songs in a professional studio. Hopefully I’ll release them in the main streaming services, i.e. Spotify, Apple Music and such.

Recorded the guides with my Washburn acoustic and started working on the electric parts with the Rickenbacker.

Got an Instagram account for the releases ( https://instagram.com/sergiodemeloof...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y= ) and right now I’m about to sign with a distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by S. Cane View Post
    Ups and downs here.

Some family issues are really giving me a hard time.

However, I’m so happy that I finally started recording my own original songs in a professional studio. Hopefully I’ll release them in the main streaming services, i.e. Spotify, Apple Music and such.

Recorded the guides with my Washburn acoustic and started working on the electric parts with the Rickenbacker.

Got an Instagram account for the releases ( https://instagram.com/sergiodemeloof...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y= ) and right now I’m about to sign with a distributor.
    That's terrific news, Sérgio, ...er, S. More power to you!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!