Thread: Bring your virtual Amps back to live with less volume on your Strat!

Forum Member

Bring your virtual Amps back to live with less volume on your Strat!

Hello Strat-Lovers,

I think you know this situation: you are sitting in front of your computer playing guitar with backingtracks from Youtube. And because it's later in the evening and your kids are sleeping you can't use your real amplifier.

So you use plugins instead. Some players sound great with virtual amps but for me it was pain in the a** to get a great sound out of the computer.

Today I tried it again, but my volume on my 75th anniversary Strat was down to 4-5. With this low setting it was much easier to find a sound with more dynamic sensitivity. I can go from warm to treble, from clean to overdriven sounds just by play in a different way.

I´m very curious if you will make the same experience. This is how it sounds in my hands with the Universal Audio Suhr SE-100 emulation.

What do you think about it?

best regards
    Martin

Re: Bring your virtual Amps back to live with less volume on your Strat!

I do the same thing with my amps when I use them.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Re: Bring your virtual Amps back to live with less volume on your Strat!

I confess I only understood about half of what you said. I don't practice with or on my computer, and don't use backing tracks (I keep meaning to, but...) and most of the playing I do is acoustic. And I live alone, so there's that. But I like your tone and style, so thank you for that!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!