Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official OSA Jam - Lou's Cottage

Official OSA Jam - Lou's Cottage

With the jam just 14 weeks away, I thought I'd start a thread so we can keep track of developments along the way.

In 10 short weeks we will light up Lou's Cottage Inn with all the mirth and music of our bygone era! LOL!

I am really looking forward to seeing you guys.
    Last edited by Tele-Bob; 02-20-2023 at 03:35 PM.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Re: Official OSA Jam - Lou's Cottage

It will be THE SLAND!!!

"We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

From TeleBob...

From me...

"We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

So dudes,

Should I bring a solid power trio for a house band or do you all want the Total Rock Star experience with the whole band, lights, video screens, etc.?

It's just as easy to do the big show since it always ends up that if I do a smaller show all the equipment we need is in the front of the trailer so we need to empty the whole damn thing anyway, lol. In fact, the guys have it down to a routine where the trailer gets packed in the reverse order of how we set up to keep things efficient on the road.

You can bring your good stuff as I'll have our security guy there too.

Any song requests?

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Damn, it'd be worth it to just drop by and watch this spectacle! Shoot plenty of video so we can enjoy it on youtube.

"When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    So dudes,

Should I bring a solid power trio for a house band or do you all want the Total Rock Star experience with the whole band, lights, video screens, etc.?

It's just as easy to do the big show since it always ends up that if I do a smaller show all the equipment we need is in the front of the trailer so we need to empty the whole damn thing anyway, lol. In fact, the guys have it down to a routine where the trailer gets packed in the reverse order of how we set up to keep things efficient on the road.

You can bring your good stuff as I'll have our security guy there too.

Any song requests?

Chuck
    Are you sure the electrical service at Lou's can handle the draw? LOL. We don't want to burn the place down!

Quote Originally Posted by Tele-Bob View Post
    Are you sure the electrical service at Lou's can handle the draw? LOL. We don't want to burn the place down!
    He he, we may need to bring in a generator truck. Definitely no pyros at The Cottage!
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

This may be the best Cottage Jam yet.

I just got off the phone with the owner of The Cottage and you guys are going to love this stuff:

First off, she's excited to have us (who can blame her, lol!)

Second - it's carnival weekend in the town so lots going on and

Third - now get this - she was asking me to write some history of the jams down to include in a book being written about the place including its rather impressive musical history.

So, we will literally be making history.

We may even have local TV coverage for the news.

Be there or be square!

Chuck

PS, don't be surprised if a few of the old gang starts showing up on the forum. Apparently word has gotten out.

I am licking my lips and crossing my fingers here. Within the first days of March I’ll know if I’ll be able to fly to the US on time to play this first jam with you guys. If all goes well, I’ll need someone to point me a pawn shop where I can buy a used strat or SG.

If not, I’ll sure let you know when I do and we can set the next one in a suitable date for us all.

Anyway I am just SO happy to have kick started the return of the TFF jams.

Thanks, Chuck, Bob and everyone else!

Sergio, we can supply you with all the gear you need so don't think you need to buy something just to play. What's mine is yours.

We'll have to take you to the HOG too. But yeah, if you're looking to score some gear to ship home we can find what you need. I'll bet you don't even have any restrictions on Brazilian rosewood.

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by S. Cane View Post
    I am licking my lips and crossing my fingers here. Within the first days of March I’ll know if I’ll be able to fly to the US on time to play this first jam with you guys. If all goes well, I’ll need someone to point me a pawn shop where I can buy a used strat or SG.

If not, I’ll sure let you know when I do and we can set the next one in a suitable date for us all.

Anyway I am just SO happy to have kick started the return of the TFF jams.

Thanks, Chuck, Bob and everyone else!
    I will gladly bring my Strat with me. It's a MIM with CS '69 pickups, wired up by Telebob himself.

Rickenjangle is in, just heard from him.

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

I miss Rickenjangle......hope he rejoins the forum.
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Quote Originally Posted by phantomman View Post
    I miss Rickenjangle......hope he rejoins the forum.
    Me too. He was a great bandmate too. A pleasure to perform with. We still cross paths and I run into his better half from time-to-time.

PS, don't be surprised if a few of the old gang starts showing up on the forum. Apparently word has gotten out.
    There's an FDP page on facebook with several old members there. I passed this along to them several days ago.

Better book it for the entire day, into the evening. Lunch and dinner!

That's all good news Chuck. Who would have thought that our little tribe would flourish like this. LOL!
    I guess it's good for us to be remembered for something in this life. And something that brought so much my joy, well, that's as good as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomman View Post
    Damn, it'd be worth it to just drop by and watch this spectacle! Shoot plenty of video so we can enjoy it on youtube.

Just hop on the bus, Gus.

You're most welcome, we'd love to have you.

There's an FDP page on facebook with several old members there. I passed this along to them several days ago.

Better book it for the entire day, into the evening. Lunch and dinner!

That's all good news Chuck. Who would have thought that our little tribe would flourish like this. LOL!
    I guess it's good for us to be remembered for something in this life. And something that brought so much my joy, well, that's as good as it gets.
    Food is really great there. Weed's legal here too.

Chuck

I talked to Fenderboy a few days ago and he is going to get in touch with Chuck about the jam, too.

Food is really great there. Weed's legal here too.

Chuck
    Iremember polishing off a bunch of wings at one of those jams... DELICIOUS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    Iremember polishing off a bunch of wings at one of those jams... DELICIOUS!!!
    Fortunately, wings are often a good choice!

Guys, I’m doing an interview on a local radio station Sunday 1:30 with the band. I’ll plug the jam!

Guys, I’m doing an interview on a local radio station Sunday 1:30 with the band. I’ll plug the jam!
    This is going to be quite the event...

Did manage to sneak the plug in. The host somehow got on a tangent about open jams and I jumped right in, lol.

Bob, we should do an Evil Ways guitar jam trading off on custom built Les Pauls.

Chuck

Bob, we should do an Evil Ways guitar jam trading off on custom built Les Pauls.

Chuck
    Gm-C-D. I'm in!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Did manage to sneak the plug in. The host somehow got on a tangent about open jams and I jumped right in, lol.

Chuck
    Absolutely! But let's play it in Bb just to make it interesting, LOL! Les Pauls ONLY!

Absolutely! But let's play it in Bb just to make it interesting, LOL! Les Pauls ONLY!
    He he, that way we can play "inverse Carlos" with descending licks instead of ascending. I like it!

Just bump'n the thread.

If anyone is planning to be there that needs help with anything - parking , carrying gear, a place to stay, whatever let me know so I can have that covered. I'll have a "Musicians Unloading Zone" in front of the Cottage by the stage door.

Chuck

That's Mendon, NY, right?
    Is that Microtel Hotel still there? I was pretty cheesy, but pretty reasonable if I remember.

I’m waitin’ to see if Sergio is going to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    I’m waitin’ to see if Sergio is going to visit.
    Me too!!! It would be great to give him a big TFF Welcome!

Hey, Joan Osbourne is going to be in town and doing a tribute to Jerry Garcia's music the night before the jam if anyone is interested.

Chuck

Sounds like fun. I think the girlfriend would enjoy that.

Just checking in to see who's planning on coming. We have an out-of-town late show the 2nd so I want to make sure the guys aren't volunteering for an empty house.

Just checking in to see who's planning on coming. We have an out-of-town late show the 2nd so I want to make sure the guys aren't volunteering for an empty house.
    Mrs. Junkie and I coming! BTW - can you point us in the direction of a local hotel? I think we stayed at the Microtel last time - not terrific...

I've been holding off making a commitment based on my current work situation -- one that I have initiated, but which hasn't yet been settled. Checking my calendar, I fear that I won't have the time available to make the drive both ways. I could probably make it for the Saturday, but I'd have to turn right around and head back Sunday. I was hoping my calendar would be cleared by then, but right now it doesn't appear it will be, so I think I'll have to take a pass. And hope you guys post photos and videos!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    Mrs. Junkie and I coming! BTW - can you point us in the direction of a local hotel? I think we stayed at the Microtel last time - not terrific...
    I'd say the Woodcliff is popular for close by, if you want the Finger Lakes experience I'd look at The Inn on the Lake in Canandaigua. It's about 30 minutes away but on the water with a full spa and fine dining.

So, refresh my memory since the date didn't make it to this thread:

Is the actual jam on Saturday June 3rd or Sunday June 4th?

Old men with memory issues want to know.

I see June 3rd on my calendar.

We have a late-night out-of-town show to play on Friday the 2nd, so the guys may be a bit crusty, but we'll get through it.

So it looks like only Bob and Nick are attending? I guess we'll just make it an afternoon show with a couple of special guests.

Chuck

I tried hard to schedule my trip to the US on time but I'll have to skip this first jam.

But I'm sure lots of you guys can attend it, I'm sure it'll be awesome and the moment I know when I can fly to the US of A you guys will be the first to know!