Thread: PSA: In ear monitors

PSA: In ear monitors

So most people know I like to use in-ears when playing live. Sometimes when I practice I used them to when making patch tweaks to set my rig up for a new song to make sure I know what it will sound line live.

I've been noticing a some significant high-end hearing loss in my left ear and was just chalking it up to old age and decades of sonic abuse. When I had my last checkup my doctor noticed my ears had become packed with wax. We discovered that over and over pushing in the hearing protection had packed the wax way up in my ears. A quick cleaning and vioila!, I can hear like I did before.

So now I'm on a regime of flushing them regularly. If you use in-ears or earplugs for shooting sports you might want to take precautions to preclude packing the wax up against your eardrums. It's as simp0le as warm water.

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Re: PSA: In ear monitors

I need to do that. I sleep with earbuds most nights and they suire feel greasy by morning. When I sold audio equipment way back in prehistoric times, I would offer that advice to people who bought high-end systems.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Forum Member

Re: PSA: In ear monitors

I've been wearing in ear hearing aids for a while now, so every morning cleaning is a ritual, Q-tips work OK for me.