Thread: Gave my Washburn some love…

Gave my Washburn some love…

Swapped the cheap plastic bridge pins for ebony ones with abalone details, matching the abalone rosette.

I really don’t baby this guitar at all. I take it to the beach, travel with it in the trunk of the car, it’s definitely a guitar I treated as disposable (it cost about $150 back then), but I bonded with it a lot after writing songs and recording the assignments for the music production course I recently took.

Now I’m considering some better tuners for it. It already has a bone nut from the factory and a real abalone rosette, which surprised me when I got it.

Re: Gave my Washburn some love…

Do you notice a tonal improvement with the ebony pins? I replaced the plastic pins on my Martin with bone bridge pins with abalone inlays, and I think there's a difference. How much, I can't say, as I replaced them immediately upon getting the guitar.

Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Not really. This is a small parlor guitar, it is very trebly and I still have to wait and listen a bit more but sincerely I doubt I’ll hear anything different.

Forum Member

That is a pretty guitar!
    I traded an amp for a Washburn a few years ago, and it had a beautiful sound and played well, (it was a Jumbo.) My sister in law owns it now, it has abalone all over!
    I have a Schecter round back A/E that I gave my grand daughter for Christmas one year, and bought back when she wasn't interested in it, plenty good for what I can do.