Thread: Geezer Band Re-union #3

Geezer Band Re-union #3

There are rumblings of a 3rd band reunion coming up in May.

I played with these guys for 8 years and we had a great time right up to the point where we weren't getting any decent bookings any more because we went and got too old. So sad when that happens.

Rather than drag it out and go through the whole painful decline, we just called it quits while we were still on top of things, as a cover band.

It's going to be fun! We're all between 64 and 70 years old now, but can still kick it!

Here's a cheesy video I made from an old demo we recorded.

https://youtu.be/oDiEb16etu0
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Re: Geezer Band Re-union #3

One of the big dissapointments in my life was when the Rockaholics had to cancel their final show due to a snowstorm. The show was going to be my High School Reunion. It would have been EPIC!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Actually, that video was very well done, nothing cheesy about it.

Performing in front of an audience is a great experience, but just playing with others is as rewarding. Glad to hear you're doing a reunion! Move some air and have fun!
    Born in Fullerton, California in 1952

It would be the highest form of cool if you held your reunion at the "ahem" Gentleman's Club that you played at the weekend of our jam!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

I thought the video was well done, and the audio recording was very good.
    "When You're Riding Down the Highway at Night, And You're Feeling that Wild Turkey's Bite" ZZ Top

Thanks for the comments. I don't usually make videos. I'm using the cheap video program that came with my computer. It was a fun project just the same!

Nick, Epic times. It snowed like hell that night! And you know I'm not afraid to drive in anything! Here, hold my beer and watch this! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    It would be the highest form of cool if you held your reunion at the "ahem" Gentleman's Club that you played at the weekend of our jam!
    Being single has it's benefits! I am probably the only one in the band that could get away with a repeat performance at Keepers. Good times my friend!

As a fisherman, "Keepers" wasn't exactly truthful advertising. Perhaps "Throwbacks" or "Cullers" would be better. I mean yeah, I might stick one in the livewell for a while to take pics and admire, but definitely catch and release. And not sure what I might catch.

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    As a fisherman, "Keepers" wasn't exactly truthful advertising. Perhaps "Throwbacks" or "Cullers" would be better. I mean yeah, I might stick one in the livewell for a while to take pics and admire, but definitely catch and release. And not sure what I might catch.

Chuck
    Oh! the pageantry! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post

Chuck
    There may have been one cute one - the rest might be termed MILTRAF (Moms I'd Like To Run Away From)... I showed one girl a $20 and said it was hers if she messed up the guitar player...

There may have been one cute one - the rest might be termed MILTRAF (Moms I'd Like To Run Away From)... I showed one girl a $20 and said it was hers if she messed up the guitar player...
    Wasn't the cute one the one with the "discoloration?"
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Gee wizz Nick, and all this time I thought she really liked me! LOL!

Just found an old song from our demo.

I can't sing. I know it. But hey made me do it to show diversity in the band. Might have scared more people away than helped.

In all it's sourness, I give you, "Vehicle," by Ides of March, as performed by The Rockaholics circa 2006.

https://soundcloud.com/bikeshots/veh...social_sharing