Thread: Memes and Freedom...

Memes and Freedom...

Am I the only one who finds that most people on line have stopped communicating in their own words, with their own original thoughts and perspectives?

I am inundated with memes, links, videos, and an endless parade of crap from people who now send these things instead of writing out their own original thoughts.

People are regurgitating things they've seen other places and presenting them as their own. I have seen people called out for posting a meme copied from someone else, and then the guy it was copied from get upset because he wasn't credited for the utterance. What? Really? It was never his to begin with!

As this continues, our society is becoming increasingly easy to control because we're being taught to take the words, views and opinions of others as fact, and posting it as our own.

Does anyone else see where this is going?
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Re: Memes and Freedom...

I still dig the anteater though.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Over the years, I’ve pleaded with my friends on Facebook to stop with the snarky political memes and such trash and to have real conversations, to no avail. I recently published an editorial in our local paper about dropping discussions created by our politicians and the media, instead to find common ground, respect, and even friendship. Again, I’m begging for conversations devoid of all the divisive, ready-made thoughts which also lead to enmity.

I also, as a voracious reader, hate it when people present quotations from authors and thinkers—out of context and obviously from something the post-er hasn’t read. Wisdom in disconnected bytes.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

TFF Stage Crew

LOL!

(And because it's Cogs, I can laugh).
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Personally, I'd like to see a baby picture filter on FaceBook. Seen one baby - you've seen them all, and nobody outside of your family circle else cares about your kid's picture. Really.

Yet, post they do.

My number two peeve? Girls who seem to be posting pictures lately trying to win the "Most Ridiculous Eyebrows" competition.

Chuck
    Last edited by Offshore Angler; 01-13-2023 at 02:49 PM.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

What is this "Facebook" of which you speak?
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see a baby picture filter on FaceBook. Seen one baby - you've seen them all, and nobody outside of your family circle else cares about your kid's picture. Really.

Yet, post they do.

My number two peeve? Girls who seem to be posting pictures lately trying to win the "Most Ridiculous Eyebrows" competition.

Chuck
    I'll make an exception for this one...

https://www.lovethispic.com/image/18...is-what-we-see
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.