Thread: The Sunday Thread for January 8, 2023

The Sunday Thread for January 8, 2023

My second opportunity to write "2023" instead of "2022" and I haven't blown it yet (wrote a check to a contractor on Friday, which was my first opportunity). I think last year it took me until some time in May to slip up!

After a week of unbelievably nice weather, it's gone to normal again, and the high today will be only in the mid-40s. Eh. I can deal with it; the harsh winter weather is yet to come around these parts.

Just another normal Sunday for me. Church, a little shopping, then some guitar playing, television watching and computer tinkering in preparation for the first training I'm doing of 2023 (see, there's my third opportunity). Hoping everyone is bright-eyed and bushy-tailed today!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Re: The Sunday Thread for January 8, 2023

Similar weather here. High 30s and rain is the best we can do. Played a bass gig last night. Getting ready for church. After that I’ll do some chores, get my new gear out the truck and set it up then get ready for tomorrow as well as watch some football.

Start a new job tomorrow (4-6 month contract) and I’m actually nervous about it. Normally I’m excited. Odd.
    Mark

Good morning! I'm actually remembering the Sunday thread on Sunday for a change! Recovering from getting robbed. I owned a little bit of crypto currency and need to transfer it to another "wallet". I contacted Coinbase customer service for assitance. Needless to say, their support page was like a giant firewall and it was extremely difficult to get real human support. It was also not easy to find a phone number. Long story short, Good news... I finally did find a connection for assistance - bad news- it was a scammer site. Now I'm out around $700 and PISSED!!! I was frustrated and they were smooth - I am always talking to our staff about security and falling prey to scammers, and fell right into it myself. Coinbase is less than cooperative, too.

On the plus side - have another recording session on Friday - it's great to be back in the saddle again.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

We are having the strangest weather here behind the cheddar curtain. Before Christmas we had Bizzards with high winds and white-outs along with sub zero temperatures. This week all days will be above freezing and partly sunny, calm days. Who says there isn’t global warming causing climate change.

we had a bit of snow on Friday, which cancelled the visit by my brother's girlfriend's dog for a face to face meet with my cat. Maybe next week.

I went out last night to Milford (little over 10 miles away) to see my favorite local/regional band in their electric format. Got joined by a friend who lived 4 miles away. Got really surprised by a couple of friends who stopped by after seeing a show elsewhere. It was a really nice time, we're all old friends of the band (30 plus years). I had virtually no problem driving, the roads were clear and slightly less than dry, which actually makes for better contrast with the stripes.

my brother stunned me with the revelation that he bought a karaoke machine and a friend of his was coming over to practice. They both go to karaoke at a restaurant nearby that re-opened this summer. I was prepared to shove pencils in my ears and go lie outside in the snow. He needed technical assistance to set it up so I took pity on him. I had no idea the dang things can be hooked to a smart TV (like mine) and that there are karaoke YouTube videos out there. I called out "Behind Blue Eyes" by the Who and it was there. "Black" by Pearl Jam. Yep. "Ticket To Ride" by the Beatles and all three of us were singing that one. In fact, we're going to work on that and get up at the karaoke if not next week, the week after schedule permitting. I'm going to use it to practice TTR on guitar for an open mic at my favorite Irish bar. Had no idea how far karaoke had come.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"