Thread: Christmas (Sunday) Thread!!!

Christmas (Sunday) Thread!!!

Good morning all! Merry Christmas! Hope Santa was good to you... Today is also the birthday of someone very significant to me! My oldest daughter, Kristen, was born 45 years ago today. We celebrated Christmas Eve last night and today it's all about the birthday. She and her son will be over this morning and we'll get Chinese food delivered. We traditionally have watched "White Christmas" every year, but this year we all decided we were sick of it!

Ann is getting ready for church and I had an early breakfast. Today I'll also be getting some music together. I'm actually going to start recording again later this week. Can't wait. Thanks to TeleBob I've got the name of a guy who sounds perfect for what I need. I'll report back later in the week. Taking all week off - looking forward to the rest!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: Christmas (Sunday) Thread!!!

Merry Christmas, everyone! This is the Sunday thread for those of you still vertical. The cold weather in the U. S. has clamped much of the country down. We don't usually get harsh weather in the mid-Atlantic, but the temperature the past couple of days has required getting out the long johns and layering up. They say this is the coldest Christmas here in nearly three decades.

The coffee shop at church (that's a whole 'nother story) is closed today, so I volunteered to be the "barista" for the 10:00 service. Only a handful of people are expected, but coffee is a welcome beverage to those attending, and a hot cup today will be especially nice. This afternoon, I'll head to my daughter's and exchange gifts with my grandkids and sit, eat and enjoy the time with family.

I realized I haven't put any Christmas music on the stereo, so this morning it's a bunch of Mannheim Steamroller for me!

No matter where you are, no matter if you don't celebrate Christmas, I wish you a day of peace and fellowship. Which is what it's all about, after all.

Merry Christmas
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Happy Christmas to all.

I hope we all get to enjoy time with friends and family, and also take at least a few seconds to think about how lucky we are and to send some mojo to others that are having a tough time.

Peace,

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Merry Christmas everyone. Played a Christmas Eve service last night. Got home and we opened presents. Heading over to see my wife’s family today. Should be a ‘fun’ drive once we reach rural KY.
    Mark

Merry Christmas y'all. I've been busy as a one-armed paper hanger the last couple of days, prepping the house for a gathering on Boxing Day. 12 were expected but it looks like 2 can't make it. During my cleaning of the kitchen, a veritable vintage crockpot bought the farm when it plunged to the floor. Fortunately it was not on a clean floor so it just became part of the clean up. Just realized I'm starving and there's nothing of actual food value (tons of cookies, pies, chocolate) to eat except egg and cheese so I may be cooking up an omelet for a late lunch. Bro's coming home from his girlfriend's house and we'll be getting Chinese takeout later when his boys come over.

Or I might try going to Dennys along with 7,000 other people. It's sunny and 25 degrees, so it's not as bad as yesterday.

Have a good one, be of good cheer and again, Merry Christmas
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

I guess I’m late to the plate today. I spent the afternoon cooking a prime rib roast and other tasty goodies that was washed down by a Stag’s Leap Artemis so just sat down to a glass of Balvenie 12 yo and an old Godzilla movie.

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!.

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    I guess I’m late to the plate today. I spent the afternoon cooking a prime rib roast and other tasty goodies that was washed down by a Stag’s Leap Artemis so just sat down to a glass of Balvenie 12 yo and an old Godzilla movie.

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!.
    Late, early or on time, you’re always welcome, my friend!