Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Telebob’s infamous jams

Re: Telebob’s infamous jams

Hey guys. Been laying low here. I had a severe case of covid and just tested negative 5 days ago. Still feeling really weak though.

YES! I am up for a road trip. I could possibly host in Connecticut, but have no accommodations to offer. I would need to find a venue.

Chuck, I'd be just as happy at Lou's Cottage Inn.

This would be a lot of fun.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Hi Bob, glad you're feeling better.

I'd say we have a quorum, so let's do it! You want the Cottage then you got the Cottage.

Everything including the house band will be provided and you can bring whatever you want.

We don't need to set a date too quickly, you want to do a Saturday or a Sunday? Why don't we all get stuff set up and then have a nice lunch together and then let the festivities begin.

I'll set up the livestream on YouTube so everyone can enjoy it.

Couple guys across the hall are interested in showing up too. Oh boy, we're putting the show back on the road. Bwaaahhaaahaaa!

Sergio, if you want to be here we'll get you here, give you the whole rock star experience.

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Well, I was going to mention to Sérgio that when he was in Maryland, I might be able to join up with him as I live in VA. Sounds like you guys are just a bit north, and if this is an open house, and I'm free (retirement is pending)...
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Oldstrummer you are quite welcome. Love to have you.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Here we go.

Chuck, I sent you a message through an ancient email address I have for you. Hope it gets through. If not, please contact me privately. I can't seem to make the Private Message function work on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Tele-Bob View Post
    Here we go.

Chuck, I sent you a message through an ancient email address I have for you. Hope it gets through. If not, please contact me privately. I can't seem to make the Private Message function work on this site.
    Cool got it. We must have the oldest email addys on the net.

Well, I gotta say I am SO happy to see this forum come alive again. I’m glad to contribute with my enthusiasm for the friendship, comraderie and love for music that you guys share.

Happy new year!

Sounds like a heck of good time!
    What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

We've had some great times at Lou's. Will definiltey plan on attending!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

The only time I definitely can't do it is the last week/weekend of June.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Cool stuff. Regarding the livestream: If someone is not into playing live in front of the camera we will cut away to interviews or something - in other words don't let it keep you from attending. We'll work it out. If I post a recoded vid of the Jam on YouTube I'll make sure every player is cool with it and I'll edit it down to a "Greatest Hits" vid with interviews and general goings-on as well.

Chuck

I know it’s a jam and there’ll always be lots of improvising but what do you guys like to play?

Quote Originally Posted by S. Cane View Post
    I know it’s a jam and there’ll always be lots of improvising but what do you guys like to play?
    We're a bunch of old guys now so we'll probably play a lot of blues based rock and blues standards. Hopefully the jams won't get too bloated with guitar solos.
    ....and what of those pesky harmonica players Chuck? I can make a new sign, LOL!

We're a bunch of old guys now so we'll probably play a lot of blues based rock and blues standards. Hopefully the jams won't get too bloated with guitar solos.
    ....and what of those pesky harmonica players Chuck? I can make a new sign, LOL!

I myself ain’t into too much guitar wanking. I only solo if there’s actually room for a solo, and I never overdo it.

Kewl! I can work on my rhythm guitar playing!
    Striving to be ordinary

Hey it's a jam man. We're gonna show up and play. You know those hundred songs you need to play the bars? We know 'em! If you have a request let me know and I'll have the guys review it. Chances are we already have it down. I don't care as long as everyone has a good time and gets to play. This is for fun, nobody's paying us and we can do whatever we want. If some of you want to do certain songs go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by S. Cane View Post
    I myself ain’t into too much guitar wanking. I only solo if there’s actually room for a solo, and I never overdo it.
    Don't worry, I'll fill ANY empty space lol! Keyboard players know when it's their turn if they miss half a bar futzing with switches I'm gonna pounce .

Chuck

I’ll polish my 12-bar timing, pentatonics, blue notes and chromaticisms, that might do for me to ride with you old cowboys

Sergio, I say we hit them with Slipknot/Help on the Way/Frankin's Tower. That will get their attention. Altered scales and changing time signatures within phrases and then some Dickey Betts-ish and/or Elvin Bishop style romping . Now, that's some fun stuff there!

All my peeps are ready to be the host band/special guests. Any dates you want thow out?

I'll start with June 3-4 or 10-11.

Chuck

I'm in Virginia. Where would this be, so I can make travel plans?
    Striving to be ordinary

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    I'm in Virginia. Where would this be, so I can make travel plans?

Lou's Cottage Inn
    1390 Pittsford Mendon Rd
    Mendon NY 14506

This is very close to Rochester NY

I'm going to hold both of those weekends for now. Chuck, last I heard, Lou's had "gentrified"" a bit... (I think the term I remember hearing was "Fufu bar"... true?

Lou's Cottage Inn
    1390 Pittsford Mendon Rd
    Mendon NY 14506

This is very close to Rochester NY
    OK, thanks. That's a 6-1/2 to 7 hour drive, or a full day's travel. Each way. But Route 15 is a pretty drive...
    Striving to be ordinary

About 4-5 hours for us here in CT - great drive... unless Telebob is driving - he scares me! ...

Fine place to bring spouse or significant other. We're in wine and lakes country and there's plenty to do.

Don't worry, Lou's has entropied back to the same old place. Locals wouldn't have it any other way. It's a legend.

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    About 4-5 hours for us here in CT - great drive... unless Telebob is driving - he scares me! ...
    Jeepus Chrysler. For someone who drives a Mustang,..........

Guys, we just booked a show for the 10th and it's not local so that day will be out. We just want to settle on June 3 - 4 weekend?

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    Guys, we just booked a show for the 10th and it's not local so that day will be out. We just want to settle on June 3 - 4 weekend?

Chuck
    It will be on my calendar!

We just want to settle on June 3 - 4 weekend?

Chuck
    Sounds good to me!

What day do we play music? Saturday? Get together for a few laughs and breakfast on Sunday and drive home?

Sounds good to me!

What day do we play music? Saturday? Get together for a few laughs and breakfast on Sunday and drive home?
    Sounds like a plan to me. Maybe we hit the high seas Sunday Morning, our first Yacht Jam.

Sounds like a plan to me. Maybe we hit the high seas Sunday Morning, our first Yacht Jam.
    I'd love a chance to fish with you for a bit!

I'd love a chance to fish with you for a bit!
    Bass or Salmon?

Bass or Salmon?

Salmon fishing? Wow!

Did you know that among his many accomplishments and awards, Eric Clapton is also a two-time Icelandic Salmon fishing record holder?

Striving to be ordinary

OK Boys, I have an All-Star house band and roady/sound man for June 3. It'd be nice if we could buy them Cottage Burgers and some suds and weed for their time.

Who's in?

OK Boys, I have an All-Star house band and roady/sound man for June 3. It'd be nice if we could buy them Cottage Burgers and some suds and weed for their time.

Who's in?
    I am 99% sure I'm in! ... and bass over salmon, but then again, if you can put me onto a big salmon I'd be delighted to give that a shot, too.

I'm in and will likely have Roger with me, a friend who loves going to Lou's Cottage Inn.

Still checking my calendar. I'm committed to work June5-9, so I'd have to leave on the 4th. What I'm not clear on yet is the 2nd, which would be the other travel day.
    Striving to be ordinary

I am 99% sure I'm in! ... and bass over salmon, but then again, if you can put me onto a big salmon I'd be delighted to give that a shot, too.
    How 'bout a rainbow over 15 pounds or a Lake trout over 20 pounds, would that be acceptable? Just in case the salmon are being snarky. That time of the year the salmon will still be chrome and average around 17 pounds.

Bass fishing is so legendary around here we're getting smallies over 8 pounds. Good day is maybe 50 largemouth.

Depends on how many people want to fish. I can only accommodate a couple folks in the bass boat. And you better be hanging on 'cause my new one cruises at 70 mph. Salmon boat has twin 550 HP Cat turbo-diesels and plenty of room for everyone.

Neverf caught a Lake Trout or salmon... would love to... but a 8# smallmouth would require fresh underwear after landing it. I can be real flexible on those plans as we get closer to jam time.