Thread: The "It's Only A Week Until Christmas" Sunday Thread

The "It's Only A Week Until Christmas" Sunday Thread

That's right, next Sunday is Christmas, for those who celebrate it. And it's even Christmas for those who don't!

So, today I go through my checklist to make sure I've bought gifts for everybody, sent cards, and done all the stuff I need to. I think I have, but I'll double-check just in case.

Next Tuesday is the Folk Club Christmas party, and we're only allowed one song. I've dusted off my instrumental version of "I'll Be Home For Christmas," so I'm all set there.

Work has me trying to record a training, and it's become more of a challenge than I'd expected. I hope to have it finished this week, and I'll spend a few hours today at the computer trying a segment or two. Of course, there's church, and maybe some football (with the sound off) while I record.

A pretty ho-hum day for me. How about for you?
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: The "It's Only A Week Until Christmas" Sunday Thread

Things are starting off good by me actually sleeping an extra 1 1/2 hour this morning. Never happens! I have a relatively quiet week coming up, so that is good. We spent the day yesterday visiting my new brother and his family (my "old" brother is the one that was adopted like me and we grew up together - my new" brother is 20 years younger than me I've only known about for a couple years). It was a great visit and we really enjoyed ourselves. He has a good heart and his family is terrific. We are polar opposites when it comes to politics, but we never talk about it and respect each other enough to not let that interfere with our relationship.

I've gotten behind on my Amazon Vine reviews so I have a bunch to finish today... tough chore reviewing free stuff... . Then I'm going to pull together all the music that I plan on recording soon. Thanks to TeleBob I'll be going to a new studio and start getting tunes recorded again. It's pretty exciting!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

My wife and I finally put up the Christmas decorations in the house and we got a little snow on the ground so it's starting to look a little like Christmas. We decided to skip exchanging gifts this year because we just didn't need anything so it will be a pleasant Christmas eve with a visit to church followed up with our annual bottle of Dom Perignon while sitting in front of the tree listening to Christmas music and chomping on plates of hors d'oeuvres.

Hope all have a Merry Christmas!

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Played at church yesterday and today. Been lightly snowing off and on. Got a couple things to finish wrapping and will catch some football.
    Mark

We are doing a gathering the day after Christmas, here at the little ranch. From what my brother said, there's going to be 12 people. I don't think that many people have been in this house yet. Probably cave the floor in or something

Brother's girlfriend is over here today, so far the cat is pretty calm. Fortunately she isn't loud so that makes it easier for him to relax.

I've actually made a little progress in the basement. Got an extension cord running to the area of the basement where I'm going to put the gear. Hopefully can get some help (from a very strong friend) to move some furniture down there. I do not want my brother helping with this because of his back, and it's too much for me by myself.

I hooked up the living room's window lights and the tree to a single switched outlet. Took quite a bit of crawling around to get that accomplished. 6 candelabra and the tree, all on a single flick of a switch. And for the rest of the year, I can use the same switch for some ambient warm white light strings I'm going to put up.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

We've got "Alexa" running all our Christmas lights. Actually she does more work around the house than I do. She turns on all the window lights, the tree, lights on the deck and gazebo, various lighting fixtures, the fireplace, etc...

We go with a classic" look on the house...
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain