Thread: Woodstock ‘99 Doc

Woodstock ‘99 Doc

I watched this documentary this afternoon, it’s about how the festival was an epic trainwreck with vandalism, violence and even arson.

Interesting to see how society and individual values changed between ‘69 and ‘99, and how the young people in the late 90s reacted (very) badly to the festival’s downsides.

Re: Woodstock ‘99 Doc

Quote Originally Posted by S. Cane View Post
    I watched this documentary this afternoon, it’s about how the festival was an epic trainwreck with vandalism, violence and even arson.

Interesting to see how society and individual values changed between ‘69 and ‘99, and how the young people in the late 90s reacted (very) badly to the festival’s downsides.
    And the slide continues...
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    And the slide continues...
    How's that?
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    How's that?
    I can't imagine there being a Summer of Love today.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Forum Member

In '69 we thought it was cool to have black/brown friends, and we thought we were all equal. Most thought men and women sexual attractions were the "normal", and there were only 2 genders. Todays kids don't have a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
    In '69 we thought it was cool to have black/brown friends, and we thought we were all equal. Most thought men and women sexual attractions were the "normal", and there were only 2 genders. Todays kids don't have a chance!
    So Bill, what you're saying is, if I understand, is that by letting people be free to be who they want to be, and love who they want to love we'll never get back to peace and love?

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Forum Member

Being badgered into picking a "gender" is not allowing kids to be free. Forcing them to acknowledge that a male playing dress up can be a female, (or not!), isn't being free. Kids in school are being forced to believe that what one wishes to be "is" and that is setting them up for a reality lesson later on.
    By ignoring science for the sake of "diversity and inclusion", we are doing the kids a disservice!

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Be careful where we tread on this segment. I was going to post a thoughtful reply and decided there are some that would not agree. So rather than cause discord, I am posting this.
    Mark

TFF Stage Crew

Yes it was a complete disaster. I think the correct phrase is "charlie foxtrot"
    Lol