Thread: How to rewire/restore a broken P/J Clone Bass? (detailed photos included)

Forum Member

How to rewire/restore a broken P/J Clone Bass? (detailed photos included)

I just got a precision/ Jazz clone bass with some wiring issues. Most of the wires are still plugged in and seem to work great, but there are a couple of wires that I have to re-solder.

The black cable comes from the bottom P-Bass pickup. The yellow cable with the white cable coming out of it comes from the bottom J-Bass pickup.
    I was wondering if anyone had any wiring diagrams or knows where I should solder the three cables?

I am especially curious about the yellow cable with the small white cable coming out. Where would that go?

Last edited by niceties55; 12-01-2022 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Larger Pictures

Re: How to rewire/restore a broken P/J Clone Bass? (detailed photos included)

It looks like there are a variety of ways to wire up the P-J Bass. I found this example that uses the second volume pot as a blend control. Do a search for "Fender PJ Bass Wiring Diagram"

And here's a diagram I found for Standard PJ Bass.

"When You're Riding Down the Highway at Night, And You're Feeling that Wild Turkey's Bite" ZZ Top