Thread: Sunday - You Guys are Slipping

Sunday - You Guys are Slipping

I'm the first one up? Yikes!
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Re: Sunday - You Guys are Slipping

I never sleep late any more - but today I made it to 7:00 before I woke up. This will be the last busy week of work for a while, and then things will slow down for a bit. Other than a visit to Price Choppers this afternoon I'm doing NOTHING except play with a new music notation software (Finale) which looks a lot easier to use and actually seems to talk to my MIDI keyboard correctly. We'll see!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

It's been a rough week for me, battling RSV. I found myself sleeping when I should have been awake and eyes wide open when I should have been sleeping. I managed to get in eight hours last night, waking only twice long enough to look at the clock. Now I'm up.

My Linux server has been misbehaving and I've been trying to correct it. Every approach I've taken has yielded nothing. I've memorized the necessary keystrokes to interrupt the boot process, though. I can now reboot it in the dark.

I also learned that it's possible to develop allergies when none existed before. Something in the cold medication I was taking didn't sit well, and so on top of the cold symptoms I developed a rash, dizziness, and hot-cold flashes. I've stopped the meds and am slowly coming out of the fog.

Staying in again today. It seems the best/right thing to do.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Restarted gymming early this week. It’s 10:20am here and I’m trying to fight laziness and go lift some weights. Cold rainy morning and I’m having my 3rd cup of coffee.

My old man tested positive for covid on Monday and is keeping quarantine since then. I had the bad luck of leaving all my gear at my old folks’ and spent the week with no guitar to play. That sucked. My mom was lucky and escaped this shit.

Anyway, will probably stay home, listen to music on my Philips set and watch Echo in the Canyon, which is finally available on Brazilian Netflix.

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Played Bass last night at church. Getting ready to head off to our church. Then a couple errands, wrap Christmas presents, and rearrange the living room for a new to me bookcase arriving tomorrow. It’s a huge Victorian piece that has exquisite wood.
    Mark

I've had a busy couple of days selling stuff, bunch of pedals. Dang, shipping has gotten expensive. Little boxes that used to cost 6-7 bucks are 13-15 dollars to ship. Don't feel like trying to ship any guitars at the moment. Going to try for local sales for the cheaper one, and whatever for the Deluxe which at least has a hardshell case.

Bro went to NYC this weekend, hope he doesn't bring anything home. I had a weird sneezing attack with runny nose this morning, hit me like a light switch turned on. Might do a test just to be sure. Way too many people around me are getting sick with all kinds of stuff.

Went out last night to see a buddy play at a new to him room. At first, I didn't think I would go because it was forecast to be raining, but around 8 o'clock I checked and the rain was stopped. It's a newer building in a little shopping plaza, but it was tastefully done. As was the pizza I got, my first in over a month.

Been playing my new Strat a lot lately. Took my Squier Esquire out and was shocked at how small the neck was. I should measure the Strat's neck for my records.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post

Bro went to NYC this weekend, hope he doesn't bring anything home. I had a weird sneezing attack with runny nose this morning, hit me like a light switch turned on. Might do a test just to be sure. Way too many people around me are getting sick

Yeah, new COVID strains everyfuckinwhere. My father’s got it for the second time.

I was sittin’ in my favorite Sunday morning watering hole when I started reading the Sunday thread this morning and thought I’d do better to post when I got home.

We had a fun weekend that began with a Christmas jam session at a friend’s home on Friday evening with several of my really good friends playing. Among the people in this photo we have me on bass and (until Delbert retired) Delbert McClinton’s keyboard player. It was a real good time of pickin’ and grinnin’.
    Last night was our Vietnam Vets Christmas party and I enjoyed an evening with people who understand some of the quirks I live with.