Thread: Post Turkey Day Sunday Thread

Post Turkey Day Sunday Thread

Good morning all! Winding down from a 4-day weekend - although today is the day we're putting on the family spread. Most of the family is coming over for dinner this afternoon, except my brother and his wife. She just had quadruple bypass surgery and my brother had his prostate out a couple weeks ago so they are not willing to risk illness for a free meal. Two of my coworkers tested positive for COVID last week. We have a small office so we're all being cautious, but I did mask up when out and about in the office, so I'm not too worried about myself. Getting excited - TeleBob just gave me the name of a guy who can help me get back to recording my tunes. I've goty a few I'd really like to get done soon.

Have a great week!!!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: Post Turkey Day Sunday Thread

Thanks for starting this Sunday thread, GJ. I was surprised to see none there, and you beat me by only minutes!

I came down with "death warmed over" yesterday, and I have a deep, painful cough, and lots of joint pain. I put myself down last night at 7:30, and here it is, twelve hours later. Right now, I'm debating going back to bed or stay up and have some coffee. So far, the coffee has won out. My day is going to be mostly in front of the TV. No church for me, out of an abundance of caution.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

I can’t believe the changing weather that I’ve seen in this month of November. We started off with a couple of days of light snow where I pushed a shovel on the driveway and sidewalks, and last week my wife and I drove in and out of near blizzard conditions coming home from Chicago. This week’s temps were so far above that 32° freezing point that, on Friday, I was out on the lawn with the lawn mower picking up the maple leaves that I couldn’t get before the snow came and managed to put up the Christmas decorations working in shirt-sleeves. Yesterday, with temps in the mid fifties, I managed to get the Vette and the bike cleaned up and covered for their long winter nap in the garage.

Bring on the winter…I’m ready for it!

I'm a little surprised at how late it is already. For a change, I've barely been on my computer this morning. I got out of the house to do a few errands, decided to get a burger to grill for lunch instead of supper, as we were due to get rain (and it is now) this afternoon.

I've inflated my car's tires, shocking how low they all were. Put up some reflector stakes along the road edge, driveway and walkway. Went to the pet store for kitty litter. Tried a supermarket that I don't usually go to and found the Fiery Jack cheese that my store had been out of for over a year.

It's almost 330, going to the gym to walk off holiday food. Still eating some leftovers. I want to play some guitar, really digging a new OD pedal I got. If I'm not too knackered, I'll put up the window Christmas lights.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

We generally take off doing shows during the Holiday season, too much going on and it's nice to rewind and reconnect with ourselves.

Did a little boat maintenance yesterday. Been learning a bunch of new songs for one band and revisiting parts for another band for places I'd like to polish up. Someone (from here) gave my contact information to a blues band. I'll hear them out but the vibe I'm getting is it's more of a project than a working band in which case I'll pass.

Have a friend that has most of a Grateful Dead band together and he wants me to play the Jerry parts. I told them to learn Terrapin and we'll take it from there.

Helping a dear friend set up a recording studio. He can't play very well but he loves to buy expensive guitars and gear. Part of me wants to tell him he really just needs to pick one guitar and play it until it's part of him and focus on learning 10 songs stone cold, but the other part of me says it's his money and if it brings him joy I should be happy for him too.

PRS Silver Sky and a new American Strat are vying for attention. So far it looks like the Strat will be the winner. A little nicer and more familiar feeling. The old Heritage is out of revetment and being nursed back to like new. Can't wait to get her back. Until then the Les Paul will take over her duty.

So, yeah, taking time off and still busier than a one-armed paperhanger.

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim