Thread: The Sunday before Thanksgiving

The Sunday before Thanksgiving

I got an early start today getting up at 3:00 AM.

My wife and I spent the day in Chicago yesterday and, on the drive home, experienced some really strange weather patterns. We left the Bucktown area with the sun shining and headed north on I94. When we got to the 90/94 split, we were in a blizzard that we drove in for maybe 10 minutes, and as we drove out of it we’re back on dry pavement with the sun shining. That happened two more times on 94 as we headed to Milwaukee with the snow coming down so hard that traffic slowed to 30/35 mph and you could hardly see the car in front of you and then it was sunshine and dry pavement again. That was a very strange weather pattern.

Hope all have a great week and a Happy Thanksgiving.

Re: The Sunday before Thanksgiving

It seems like the entire northeastern part of the U. S. is getting an early introduction to winter. If you're in the Buffalo, NY area, my heart goes out to you, with getting some six feet (1.83m) of snow in 24 hours! No flurries spotted here in the mid-Atlantic, but the temperature has nose-dived over the past couple of days, and it's supposed to be only above freezing today. Yesterday I vacuumed the leaves and trimmed the crepe myrtle in my back yard, and today I'm going to gather the yard waste up and place it for collection.

That will be after church, which is the only outing on my agenda today. I've been going crazy getting re-acquainted with my slow cooker, so not only do I have several servings of chili in the fridge, but I made a very tasty chicken cacciatore yesterday, so after church 'n' chores, I plan to just settle in and catch up on my reading and maybe even put on some football as a distraction.

Stay warm everyone. Unless you're in a tropical climate, and then stay cool.
    Last edited by OldStrummer; 11-20-2022 at 05:29 AM.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Well here in S IN are highs have been low 30s. Getting light snows off and on. Right now it’s 21 and it’s a heat wave with a high of 37.
    Played bass last night at 1 church and getting ready to leave to play bass at another church. Later I’ll watch the last F1 race of the season and some football.
    Tonight I’ll prep for 2 interviews tomorrow.
    Mark

Good morning. We just finished our annual convention, so today is going to be a day of rest. My wife just left for church and I told her there was a 50-50 chance I'd be dressed when she got back. It's a fun event, but staff are there to work and we do! we are getting the usual cold - no snow to speak of - but I need to get my lawn through one more mowing/bagging cycle before I can put the mowers away for the winter and break out the snowblower. We decided we're going to do our family T'day dinner on Sunday this year, so I'm going to do the lawn on Thursday, since it is supposed to be sunny and unseasonably warm. Have a great week, everyone - and a great holiday!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

hard to believe that a week ago, I was wearing short sleeve tee shirts outdoors. We had snow wednesday evening and flurries several times during the day on thursday. Been getting estimates on replacing the picture window in the living room, both as a straight replacement and as a bay window, storm doors, new patio slider, cellar windows. Hopefully this spring we'll get some activity going on those.

Was hoping to hear from my friend about playing today. Go from not playing in 3 years to back to back weekends would be cool. If not, I'll be playing anyway.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Did the manly thing and went off fishing leaving Mrs. OSA and the dog to deal with the storm.

Weather got even with me Sunday, we were out fishing temp near 30°F and gale winds off the Jersey shore. I almost got blown off the deck twice. Did get some stripers though and mama was happy to see the fresh fillets.

Don't get too worried about us up here, snow is all part of the game and despite what the news would have you believe, we're equipped to handle it.

We had to move the Bills to the dome in Detroit but that was more about making sure the required resources were available and not cleaning the stadium. If you noticed all the Bills fans made it to Detroit, so that gives you an idea of what reality is.

Lot's of shows upcoming. Might even venture off to Connecticut this weekend to play with "He Who Shall Not be Named" if my calendar allows.

Peace and Love,

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim