Thread: Sunday Morning thread - wait... what time is it???

Sunday Morning thread - wait... what time is it???

Good morning - I haven't had the honor of starting this thread in a while. This is my busiest time in a long time - lots of work meetings, including yesterday morning. Did the lawn in the afternoon - bagged all the leaves only to have the lawn re-covered two hour later. Half my trees are still fully leaved (some still green). Lazy day planned - last one for a couple weeks as our annual convention is a week from Thursday and it's all hands on deck until then. Feeling great - things are good!

Have a great week everybody.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: Sunday Morning thread - wait... what time is it???

Good morning and thank you GJ for starting the thread! I got back yesterday from Florida (which I have detailed elsewhere) delighted to find the humidifier in my guitar room was still running. Whew! That's been a concern when I leave town for a spell. I have a training to do this week on the updated version of our software, so I'm going to be spending a good part of the day updating the demos I give.

On the other hand, we're getting the last gasps of summer, with temperatures in the 70s, so I will spend some time outdoors enjoying it. This morning it's rained a little bit, so it looks like a Fall day with the wet leaves on the ground and the gray skies, but they say the rain will clear up but stay cloudy.

I set all my clocks back except for the ones in my cars. The Mercedes does it automatically, and I'll change the other one before heading to church. The nice thing about technology is that many devices auto set, so I don't have to worry about more than a few.

Stay well, everybody.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Well had an interview last Thursday. I'd give it a 7 out of 10. Also found out they decided to total my mother in laws car (hit a deer). She was going to retire at the end of the year, but now couldn't due to having to get a card loan (the insurance check will not cover what she wants). After deliberation, I started looking for a SUV for her. Found a couple locally. I checked them, then she and my wife did. Well I wrote the check yesterday and bought it for her. She'll give me the insurance check, but its about $10K short.

I was like why am I doing this when I am unemployed? I know not everyone here is religious, so I hopefully won't offend anyone. But what was impressed on me is, I am God, are you going to trust me or not?

Played bass at 1 church last night, and getting ready to head to our church this morning. After that, its some house cleaning, pull out some Christmas stuff and watch the F1 race.
    Mark

I got an early start today when some idiot decided to call at around 2:45 this morning. In this day of technological advances you’d think someone would be able to stop the robo callers and spammers. Oh well, out for a Bloody Mary or three and breakfast.

Hope all have a great day.

I thought I'd be clever and set the non-automatic clocks last night. I also went to bed early by my standards. Woke up at my 'normal' time and it was exactly an hour early. Went to the kitchen, literally 4 or 5 steps, and it was 2 hours later I had moved the clocks ahead, not back. Ate lunch at 11:00 cuz I was starving. Might keep doing that going forward anyway. Same with supper. Saw some bullcrap article about how "Permanent Daylights Savings may be harmful." Btttthhhhhpppp. No, sunsets before 5 PM are harmful, ya jamoke.

Incredibly warm again, two days in a row I had to change into a short sleeve tee shirt. Was beginning to think I was having man-opause. Looks like reality will be returning by the end of next week. Fine by me, as long as it doesn't snow on Thanksgiving.

Meeting with a basement restoration company's representative tomorrow. The bulkhead is ancient and decrepit, plus they offer an array of other services. Going to run a bunch of questions and options by him. Again, don't know when we'll do this but it seems that getting the bulkhead done now (if we can) makes sense. Worst case, it'll be easier to sell the house without that decaying structure barely keeping the elements at bay. Unlikely we'll make our money back but it won't be a negotiating point, either.

Contemplating a job fair for the post office on Wednesday, holiday work. Might find something I can do even with my vision.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

I had to work yesterday, then spent a couple hours raking.
    This morning I got up, ran a 5k race this morning, then spent most of the rest of the day raking more.
    Made dinner (pizza, from scratch) and Mrs Jrgtr42 wonders why I'm exhausted...
    I did get most of the clocks changed, I think, but |I know I will be running across ones I missed for the next week or so.
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.

Hey Nick, I was thinking of you. Saturday the winds were 30 so me being me I took my bass boat out - and whomped 'em. Yesterday (Sunday) I went out with a couple of friends, same location in his boat and it was supposed to be same conditions. I had all my drift socks, etc. with me but lo and behold, the lake was flat calm, the skies partly sunny and the temp in the 70s. Thought I was in Florida. Bass were still cooperating too. Ned rigs with Goby Bryant TRDs was a good pattern.

Weekend before I went to the Naigara River, been slaying Lake Trout and a few salmon. Trout up to 20 pounds. I was with a friend in his new 23' center. These Niagara River locals are hard-core. All dress in camo and fishing from Lund Pro V's with wraps, you know the type. $120,000 20' aluminum boats, $7 pencil sinkers on the lines. We pull into the drift with speakers on the T-top blaring rap, weed smoke pouring out of the boat and commenced to - I was told - ruin the "experience" for a charter captain's party. I guess having fun isn't part of his trips. Maybe that's why people like to fish with me, LOL!

We also boated some big ass smallmouth over 4# on that trip out by Fort Niagara. Haven't been able to verify but word on the street is a 10# smallie was caught on the Canadian side last week. Wow!

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    Hey Nick, I was thinking of you. Saturday the winds were 30 so me being me I took my bass boat out - and whomped 'em. Yesterday (Sunday) I went out with a couple of friends, same location in his boat and it was supposed to be same conditions. I had all my drift socks, etc. with me but lo and behold, the lake was flat calm, the skies partly sunny and the temp in the 70s. Thought I was in Florida. Bass were still cooperating too. Ned rigs with Goby Bryant TRDs was a good pattern.

Weekend before I went to the Naigara River, been slaying Lake Trout and a few salmon. Trout up to 20 pounds. I was with a friend in his new 23' center. These Niagara River locals are hard-core. All dress in camo and fishing from Lund Pro V's with wraps, you know the type. $120,000 20' aluminum boats, $7 pencil sinkers on the lines. We pull into the drift with speakers on the T-top blaring rap, weed smoke pouring out of the boat and commenced to - I was told - ruin the "experience" for a charter captain's party. I guess having fun isn't part of his trips. Maybe that's why people like to fish with me, LOL!

We also boated some big ass smallmouth over 4# on that trip out by Fort Niagara. Haven't been able to verify but word on the street is a 10# smallie was caught on the Canadian side last week. Wow!

Chuck
    When I got to 4# smallmouth I passed out for a couple minutes... I'd want to do that un an ultralight, though! Sounds like you had one heck of a weekend. I need to send you a picture of our basement growing setup... can't host the phtots on facebook, though...
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    When I got to 4# smallmouth I passed out for a couple minutes... I'd want to do that un an ultralight, though! Sounds like you had one heck of a weekend. I need to send you a picture of our basement growing setup... can't host the phtots on facebook, though...
    He, he Nick, we grow em' big around here. Smallmouth need to be over 6 for braggin' rights. Rainbows don't raise eyebrows until they're over 20 pounds.

I had a client once and I told him we were looking for a Steelhead over 20, he said, "I never caught one twenty inches!" I looked at him and said, "Uh no, I mean 20 pounds." He almost fell out of the boat. Got him one about 12# and I thought I was going to have to give him mouth-to-mouth.

Heading for the coast later in this month and then we'll work down to the Keys for mahi and perhaps marlin out in the blue water. Didn't do tuna this year, thanks to the TV shows it's a poop show of amateurs on the ledges and today's fuel costs make the canyons less attractive.

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim