Thread: Sunday October 30th

Sunday October 30th

Off to the lake. Baby it's cold outside.

Had to replace speakers in a couple of monitors yesterday.

Go Bills!

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Re: Sunday October 30th

Pizzas and pupusas after church today (we're one church that worships in two languages, so we're combining the best of both!).

I head to Florida midweek to receive an award. I"ll only be there a couple of days. I'm thinking of taking/shipping my old 1971 Framus 12-string to
    Seven C Music in St. Petersburg to have it refinished. I saw some of their work last time I was there and was quite impressed! It's not a great guitar, but it was the first new guitar I owned and it has sentimental value. After fifty years, it could use some TLC.

Autumn has arrived. The leaves have almost all turned and are dropping off the trees en masse. So far, not much for me to clear away, but in a week or so that may be a different story. Right now, I'm just enjoying the chilly evenings and sunny, brisk days.

Have a great week!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

I remembered to post on Sunday!!!! Slept until 8:30 this morning - can't remember the last time that happened. I think I dodged a bullet with my Sony Earbuds. They were really expensive (full disclosure, I got them for nothing to review them, but I sure couldn't afford a pair of my own) but just after the warranty expired the batteries would no longer charge properly. I was looking at a $300 paper weight (not that it was heavy enough to weigh down paper). I dug around on the web and found a reset procedure which actually seemed to have worked. They spoiled me for any other headphone/earbud combination - they just sound so GOOD!

Work has been crazy for the past few weeks and looking out another 3-4 weeks of more insanity. By mid December it should slow down a bit. I love the work, but after three-four nights out (on top of the 8-4 routine), and a lot of Saturdays, I get tired. The next big break will be time off between Christmas and New Years.

Got a new phone this week (iPhone 14) - my 8 Plus finally bit the dust. Now I can actually get calls in my house again! It will be nice having a bit more memory, too.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

my brother went to a trade show and brought back a cold. we've tested and it's not covid, so we got that going for us.

We're getting pretty cool nights and decent days, I should be getting outside and seeing if I can't get some Christmas lights action going on. I've got to see if my lights will work. These were custom made for my old house. I'm not buying any new stuff yet until we see if we're going to still be in this place after my brother's surgery in February.

Still a couple more guitars to sell, and a couple of bodies. All the extra necks and parts will be rounded up in the coming weeks. I'm waffling on the ash tele body, it would be a sub-seven pound build, with the same pickups and neck as my CV50 that I like so much. And so much lighter. I bought the body 4 years ago before everything around here began to change in a major way. FOMO is rearing its ugly head.

Football or go outside? Hmm.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"