Thread: What's a realistic price for a SuperChamp X2 head and 1x12 cabinet

Forum Member

What's a realistic price for a SuperChamp X2 head and 1x12 cabinet

In the past year I have added a '65 Princeton Reissue with a Weber speaker and a Mojotone Blackout (point to point wired 5E3 style circuit) . These amps have kinda made my SuperChamp X2 head with 1x12 cabinet redundant. I can't recall exactly what I paid for the X2 package when I purchased it new, but was surprised to see what shops on Reverb-com are asking for used heads alone ... it seems like more than I paid for the amp with the cabinet when I bought it new.
    I could use some guidance on what would be the realistic price range for an SC-X2 with 1x12 cabinet and foot pedal.

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Re: What's a realistic price for a SuperChamp X2 head and 1x12 cabinet

The current inflationary spiral has forced prices on used commodities to soar.......homes, cars, audio/video equipment, etc. Guitar and amps are no different. Price your rig accordingly.
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

You shouldn't have any trouble getting $400 for the pair, and possibly more, to the right buyer. This amp and extension speaker cab are discontinued (as far as I can tell). There are quite a few new modeling amps out there of very good quality so you will be competing with those new ones. I see Guitar Center has a used head only, and they are asking $369 for it. That seems steep to me when you can get a Boss Katana 100w head for $399.

Condition will play a large part in your final selling price. If the pieces are in like new condition, your chances are good that you can get top dollar (whatever that is). Good luck if you choose to sell.
    Born in Fullerton, California in 1952

Forum Member

Yes it's in perfect condition... with the foot pedal and amp cover included... never out of my basement studio.
    I'd be very happy to get $400 for the the set. I might put it up locally on Craigslist... If I throw in the Android tablet Loaded with Remuda SC it would be a pretty good deal for the right buyer.
    thanks for the input!

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

No fees for C/L, more $$$ in your pocket.

Go for it!
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

I checked on Reverb, and there are 5 Superchamp X2 heads for sale (no speaker cabinet), and the lowest priced one is $425 plus shipping. Depending on where you are located, and if your head and cabinet are both in excellent condition, I would think you should ask around $500.
    "When You're Riding Down the Highway at Night, And You're Feeling that Wild Turkey's Bite" ZZ Top