Thread: 45 watt Pro Reverb w/ MV Schematic

Forum Member

45 watt Pro Reverb w/ MV Schematic

Does anyone have info on a schematic for a 1977 Pro Reverb? My particular amp is rated at 45 watts, and has the push-pull master volume. The closest schematics I've been able to find are the AA 1009/1069 and the AA 270, but none of them are the exact circuits.

Re: 45 watt Pro Reverb w/ MV Schematic

I couldn't find any schematics for the Pro Reverb with a master volume. Is your amp diode rectified or tube rectified? If diode, it may be the ultralinear version. I did find a schematic for that one with the push pull master volume at thetubestore.com.
    "When You're Riding Down the Highway at Night, And You're Feeling that Wild Turkey's Bite" ZZ Top

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Smith View Post
    I couldn't find any schematics for the Pro Reverb with a master volume. Is your amp diode rectified or tube rectified? If diode, it may be the ultralinear version. I did find a schematic for that one with the push pull master volume at thetubestore.com.
    Thanks for your reply. My amp is tube rectified (5U4GB). I'm not positive, but I believe the Ultralinear versions were 70 watts. My amp is 45 watts, as indicated on the rear plate, which is kind of an anomaly, as most Pro Reverbs were either 40 watts or in later years, 70 watts. Anyway, thanks for your input.

Ya, the ultralinear was 70Watts. I think I may have found the schematic for your 45 watt amp. Same circuit used on the Pro Reverb, Bandmaster Reverb and Super Reverb.
    https://www.thetubestore.com/lib/the...-Schematic.pdf
    "When You're Riding Down the Highway at Night, And You're Feeling that Wild Turkey's Bite" ZZ Top

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by scrubba View Post
    Thanks for your reply. My amp is tube rectified (5U4GB). I'm not positive, but I believe the Ultralinear versions were 70 watts. My amp is 45 watts, as indicated on the rear plate, which is kind of an anomaly, as most Pro Reverbs were either 40 watts or in later years, 70 watts. Anyway, thanks for your input.
    Does your amp's vibrato channel have a "middle" tone control?
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Smith View Post
    Ya, the ultralinear was 70Watts. I think I may have found the schematic for your 45 watt amp. Same circuit used on the Pro Reverb, Bandmaster Reverb and Super Reverb.
    https://www.thetubestore.com/lib/the...-Schematic.pdf
    You da man! Looks like what I've been searching for. Thank you so much for your help. Have a great day, you've made mine.

Glad to help! That amp has a tube balance pot, not a bias pot. It can be converted to a bias pot, or a second pot added for adjusting bias. I think Uncle Doug has a video on that.