Thread: The Sunday Thread for October 9, 2022

The Sunday Thread for October 9, 2022

The changing of the seasons seems to bring out the ... spammers. I don't waste clicks on them. Rather, I just mark the forums read and move on.

Today, the family is coming here and not the other way around. The local fire department is holding an open house and my grandson just loves fire trucks! We'll find a place for lunch after he's seen his fill.

Church will come first. After all the festivities, it will be my last down day before I spend the week conducting another training.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: The Sunday Thread for October 9, 2022

Good day to everyone! My brother just left to head home after spending yesterday and last night with us. Considering we didn't even know each other existed a couple years ago and he's 20 years younger than I am, we really get along well. It was a nice visit!

Today I'm getting a new gaming/computer monitor delivered. It's supposed to be a beast! We'll see... I'm going to have to make room on my desk for it to fit - it's a lot bigger than the two monitors it will be replacing.

It will be a busy week - although my Tuesday night meeting just got canceled. I was looking forward to it, I haven't worked with that board in a few years and I want to catch up with them... oh well, meetings Monday, Wednesday, Thursday nights and Saturday will make up for it!

Have a great week!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Happy Sunday everyone.

Light duty housework and finishing the Halloween decorations are all that is on the schedule today.

Maybe I can find time to bash about on the guitar a little.
    What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

Forum Member

Raining off and on here, cancelled the pistol shoot!

crisp beautiful fall weather, colors galore and tourists abound. I'd really like to go out to see the foliage but not drive in the traffic. Wonder what an Uber to the Kangamangus Highway and back would run? Let somebody else do the driving.

Wanted to watch the Draconids meteor shower last night but full moon obscured them, didn't see a single one. Too busy being chased by werewolves.

This week? The basement is going to be my focus now that I have yet another amplifier to put in it. I'm going to canvass all my guitar gear to see how much there is and what I can put up for sale. So far, I've been selling is what is upstairs at hand. I've got so much stuff that I need to gather and sort.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    crisp beautiful fall weather, colors galore and tourists abound. I'd really like to go out to see the foliage but not drive in the traffic. Wonder what an Uber to the Kangamangus Highway and back would run? Let somebody else do the driving.

Wanted to watch the Draconids meteor shower last night but full moon obscured them, didn't see a single one. Too busy being chased by werewolves.

This week? The basement is going to be my focus now that I have yet another amplifier to put in it. I'm going to canvass all my guitar gear to see how much there is and what I can put up for sale. So far, I've been selling is what is upstairs at hand. I've got so much stuff that I need to gather and sort.
    The Kancamagus is one of my favorite rides. If I wasn't working so much on the weekends I'd volunteer to do a road trip with you - I'd gladly drive! Did it once in Blizzard - raining in North Conway and a foot of snow coming down in the pass. Glad I had my Bronco back then - it was a fun drive! We passed the snowplow and had an open road with nobody to be seen for miles!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

After being insulted by a couple of (I wanted to say, idiots) friends on this website, I really questioned if I wanted to continue posting here, but you can’t let couple of fools direct your life so, I hope all have a great week.

Yesterday was an interesting day. I visited my old Boy Scout troop, of which I have good memories.

This morning I took my wife and my mother on a road trip, so mom could revisit one of the cities where she lived when she was young.

Good to see you, CG!

Good to see that you’ll stick around, Laker!

Have a nice Sunday, everyone.

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by S. Cane View Post
    Good to see that you’ll stick around, Laker!
    +1

His topical perspectives are always refreshing.

Plus, I like his car.

"When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."