Thread: OK, So This Is The Sunday Thread For October 2

OK, So This Is The Sunday Thread For October 2

We made it! Autumn is upon us. Some of us got very wet thanks to Hurricane Ian (and prayers out to anyone damaged by it). It's a rainy weekend all along the U. S. eastern seaboard as a result. Good staying in weather.

I just went through my week of COVID. I was luckier than many: I've had colds worse than what I felt. I worked the entire time, and even though I have a residual cough and sniffles, I have all my energy. I'm self-quarantining out of respect for others, but to me, the whole thing is history.

Church today will be online for me. Later in the week I'm scheduled to help set up a dinner event, so I'll get out then.

How's everyone else? Check in here, folks.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: OK, So This Is The Sunday Thread For October 2

I didn’t sleep more than an hour last night so was going to start this thread at 12:01 but got side-tracked watching the Decades TV “Laugh-in” Sunday morning binge.

The weather here behind the cheddar curtain has been exceptionally pleasant lately and is supposed to continue for a few more days so we have a home builder here who has tore our old deck down outside and is putting together a new one built with Trex composite. While they’re doing that my wife and I have managed to do a little cruising with the new Corvette and I even got her to drive it a little. She’s owned three manual 6 speed Vettes and she says this one (auto 8 speed) intimidates her. Go figure!

Hope all have a great week.

Good morning! Had a busy day yesterday - worked with a very interesting school board. The last time I was there was 2007, so I ended up having more institutional knowledge about the district than they did. I love it when they are interested in talking about more than the "Killer B's" (busses, budgets, books, buildings) and really want to talk about improving teaching and learning. I'm going back in two weeks to talk about setting up some long-term goals.

Recovering nicely from the surgery. Really no issues except the incisions are right at waist/belt level, so I have to make sure to war the right pants. The wife's doing great - she's trying to quit smoking and it's making her crazy. It's much harder than quitting drinking, which took her a long time! But, life is pretty good right now.

Lazy day scheduled for today - the next month is going to be exhausting, so I'm catching a break whenever I can.

Have a great one!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Played an acoustic 12 string gig last night. Reset the relief on the Martin 000 as I had to change strings (I didn’t like the ones that went on after the Anthem install). So string hunt in play, awaiting 2 more sets to try before I settle on what’s optimal for this guit.

After church and watching F1. Will start laying out my new bass rig (save on weight and size over current item). Once I get the layout, I’ll order needed patch cords

this workweek is getting Q3 reporting done and the wife and I are doing a 4 day short vacation. Grabbed a cabin on the lake in TN. Taking the Martin with me as there’s a porch with a rocking chair. First vacation (though short) since 2019.
    Mark

we need dates or some enumeration in the Sunday titles to help differentiate them, but I appreciate others being up before me. Imma lazy bastage who sleeps in all the time.

we got our new washer and dryer brought in and set up this week. I almost stayed in last night to do laundry, woo hoo, exciting.

I have to keep an eye on the weather and try to save my pepper plants, I've got a lot of peppers that are not fully ripe yet (turned red). We have some pretty cold nights coming. I am thinking of propagating a few stems and try to over winter them in my kitchen window box. Have to do it before any freeze damage happens. One thing I'd like is a greenhouse, even just a little one.

I may be assembling a guitar that has sat in parts for 4 years now. I've had little luck selling my 60th Anniversary, guess I was spoiled by selling guitars in less than a week. I still haven't picked up that combo yet over there in Northampton.

Colors up north must be peaking, we're starting to get it down here.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Election Day here. Waiting for the official results to be released later on.

Quote Originally Posted by S. Cane View Post
    Election Day here. Waiting for the official results to be released later on.
    So, do the losing constituents swear that the election was stolen there or do the voters just accept the outcome?

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

I hope they're not as "enthusiastic" as Indonesian soccer fans......

"When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."