Thread: Toronado Gig Bag Options

Forum Member

Toronado Gig Bag Options

I recently purchased a 2002 MIM Toronado, with the pewter finish. It came with the Fender FE405 gig bag, but that bag is in rough shape and is very flimsy. Do any you know of which other Fender gig bags will fit the Toronado's offset shape and 24 3/4" scale? Or, a suitable bag from a different brand? I really like this guitar, and I want to protect it.

Thank you,
    Nelson

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Re: Toronado Gig Bag Options

You might try looking on the Gator website.

IIRC your Toronado shares many of its basic dimensions with Fender's Jaguar guitar.
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Do you not want to replace your FE405 with another? They are available at Fender, Sweetwater, Amazon, etc. Some Toronados are offered with the Fender FET-610 gig bag.

If neither seems to suit you, believe it or not, I've found the sales engineers at Sweetwater to be quite good at making recommendations.

On a personal note, if you truly want to keep this guitar and protect it, I'd look at a hard shell case rather than a gig bag.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Forum Member

The FE405 ha no padding in to mention. I was looking at the FE610, but then I saw the FE620 which has top and bottom rubber bumpers for additional protection. However, the Fender rep on their web site told me my Toronado wouldn't fit in that bag. The prices on all of these are decent, but it needs to fit.