Thread: Fender 57 Twin Reissue - Serial number?

Forum Member

Fender 57 Twin Reissue - Serial number?

Hi everybody, I just had a chance to buy a Fender 57 Tweed Twin Reissue from a collector who also does some repairing... He said the amp is from 2012. The amp is in an amazing good shape and it sounds awesome and It was a good deal so I bought the amp. Back at home I saw that there is no serial number on the badge in the amp. But I found a number on a other place. I´m kind in a worry now that a bought a replica or something. Or is this legit? Please check the pictures. Sorry for my English I´m from Europe...
    I couldn´t figure out how to direct upload pictures here

Thank you

Re: Fender 57 Twin Reissue - Serial number?

Quote Originally Posted by Mzzy View Post
    Hi everybody, I just had a chance to buy a Fender 57 Tweed Twin Reissue from a collector who also does some repairing... He said the amp is from 2012. The amp is in an amazing good shape and it sounds awesome and It was a good deal so I bought the amp. Back at home I saw that there is no serial number on the badge in the amp. But I found a number on a other place. I´m kind in a worry now that a bought a replica or something. Or is this legit? Please check the pictures. Sorry for my English I´m from Europe...
    I couldn´t figure out how to direct upload pictures here

Thank you
    I think it's legit. In olden times the chassis used to be stamped on the faceplate, and very often I have seen the paper tubechart NOT filled out with the proper information.. I did some digging around a looked up a few pictures on the net and the tubechart looks right, and the examples I found didn't have the serial number info on the tubechart either. Also I found a website with a Fender date decoder and it says that the newer models have a sticker on the chassis.

Is there a QA (Quality Assurance) sticker on the chassis? (might have to take the chassis out) There are two letters on it in the lower right corner which is the real date decode.. Go to https://www.guitarinsite.nl/serienum...r-amps_eng.php This is what you put in the decoder.. 2012 should start with a W followed by a letter that represents the month (A-L?)
    WA would be January 2012

SO I think the odds are pretty good this is legit.. More importantly how does it sound??
    Last edited by NewOldCokeDave; 09-23-2022 at 07:34 PM.
    -NOCD

Dog Groomer to the Stars