Thread: Brutal heatwave?

Brutal heatwave?

I just read this

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-idaho-montana

How is the temperature where you guys live?

Re: Brutal heatwave?

we're finally cooling off a bit, fall is coming around the corner. It's been more humid than I remember in a long time, though. Oddly it hasn't really lead to much in the way of rain, which we really need.

Even though we run the central a/c and a window unit, the rH levels in the house have been hovering at 50% or better. My old house used to struggle to hit low 30s and it took an all day soaker of a rain to get it near 40%. Winter it would hit low double digits like 11% if you didn't humidify. I was able to keep it 40% or better all heating season and that's with the second-driest type of heat there is, forced hot air. Only a wood stove is drier.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Still toasty here though we're still coping with our seasonal monsoon rains which are desperately needed in the Southwest. I'm in the high desert region -- altitude 4980' MSL -- so the heat is not so brutal as the major population centers such as Tucson and Phoenix.
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

July was very hot in SE Texas, with over half the days temperatures over 100F and heat indexes of 112F or higher, but August has been more normal, and we've had lots of rain. Two more months until we can really expect "cool" weather. Eventually I'll get to spray some finish on my home made speaker cabinet, lol.
    "When You're Riding Down the Highway at Night, And You're Feeling that Wild Turkey's Bite" ZZ Top

Forum Member

It's not been too bad here, (6 K'), lots of rain, but we never complain about that. We use swamp coolers for A/C, but with the high humidity, they don't work as well. (My guitars don't stay in tune as well either.)

TFF Stage Crew

In the mid 80s here. Great for spraying lacquer