Thread: Sunday August 28th, 22

Sunday August 28th, 22

odd, was the site down this morning? Can't believe I'm starting the thread at 1:05 in hte afternoon
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: Sunday August 28th, 22

I used to call this the last weekend of true summer, as Labor Day Weekend was its own separate thing, a buffer if you will, between summer and Fall aka the start of school. The little shits in town will be starting this Tuesday, before labor day, and that's just wrong.

Watching my emails, waiting to sell that guitar. I'm digging out a shipping box and getting ready to pack. I might start working on the next guitar, probably the Gold Glory, today.

nothing else planned, day started off mild and cloudy but is supposed to warm up, with a few days of 90 this week. I enjoy summer usually but I'm ready for fall.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Just got back from playing bass at church. (I currently play at a few churches, a couple which pay). Getting ready to go get the oil changed in my wife’s vehicle. Then as we are past the break , I taped the F1 race today. I doubt I’ll get to it, put I need to put the flatwound strings on the PBass in preparation for a gig in a couple weeks. Still haven’t made time to get the new pickup in the Guild 12. But hey, the PBass w/ flats is a paying gig. It gets priority.

Lots of things to work on at work next week.
    Mark

I checked in earlier, but didn't start a Sunday thread as it's another unremarkable weekend for me. I'm going to spend part of the day crafting an acoustic bridge solo for a song I'm hoping to play Tuesday. I struggled for much of the week trying to find the right balance between chording and comping and this morning I think it all started to come together.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

I missed the Sunday thread on my birthday! I was in Nashville (actually Hendersonville) visiting my family and the laptop I brough with me died on the trip (no video).

Fortunately it is in warranty so Acer is fixing it for free, but to schlep that sucker down and back was a PIA. No laptop - no TFF.

More reporting in the current Sunday post...
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain